What's up and coming at CPP.

mt83

Reaction score
We are back at it again with our new heads and intake.  We have reached 800 hp n\a with a single four barrel.  I will post the info and dyno sheets before I leave today for all that are interested.  I will also note that it is a stock stroke engine with a big bore.

cadillac512

Reaction score
    See where the torque line first jumps way up? That is exactly where the converter flashes to in the "T"....... :bolt:
    That would be SO much fun. Nice engine. :thumbup:

Terry

StanJ

Reaction score
Not done quite yet, folks...

We're testing some things tomorrow with the goal of fattening up this engine's already "converter killing" torque curve even more.

Yo Maddog,

You still of the opinion that 700 on pump gas is out of the question for a Caddy?  I've no doubt at all that I could make this one run happily on 93 by taking WAY less than 100 horsepower worth of compression out of it...

mt83

Reaction score
I would also like to add that this is also running a stock cam journal.

LIL Maddog

Reaction score
Stan J: What compression ratio, and what fuel is this engine running right now? Also i am not doubting your abilities at all, but at the end of the day talk is still just talk until you have proof (the dyno sheet) to prove it.

lil maddog

MadMax

Reaction score
Great job guys!  Love that torque cruve.  What cubic inch is this motor?  I am looking forward to see what my minirod tractor puller engine will produce (500 ci, approx. 14:1, single four bbl on alcohol) - build in progress.

Madmax

Maddog

Reaction score
StanJ--given the  unknown dyno calibration and fuel and compression here---yes ---i am still skeptical. But hopeful!

Maddog

StanJ

Reaction score
one finger john said:
Matt & StanJ, was the dyno room door open or is that 25 hp improvement for today?

The door was open, but Jerry was standing in the middle of it...so I'm not sure if this resulted in a net improvement in air quality...  :bolt:

mt83

Reaction score
Here is the low down on the engine or at least as much as I feel like I should unveil.  It is a 547 ci engine.  4.3 stroke and 4.5 bore.  I has our heads, intake, EMC carb(StanJ is building him a nice one right now), and a roller cam.  It has 14.1:1 compression and is running on 110 octane.  I know for a fact that our dyno calibrations are accurate because we just got a new update from Land and Sea no more than two months ago, so everything is as current as possible.  We still have a couple more tests to do with this engine before we pull it off the dyno and we are hoping to see some interesting results, but only time will tell.

John,
Yes we open the door beside the dyno because we don't have any other fresh air vent.  When you are pulling between 900 and 1100 CFM you will pull all the air out of our building quick and will lose power that you wouldn't in an open environment, so I feel this is a necessity. 

Maddog,
We are still working on a big, N/A pump gasser of course, engine that will produce the number that seems to elude the pump gas Caddy's.  I feel confident that it can be done with the new technology we have gotten into and with the new parts that we are using.  I don't see it being very long before the 700 hp mark is reached, and hopefully passed, with a pump gas Caddy. 

With the 800 hp mark matched with a full on stock journal stock block Caddy.  We have fried the big fish.  I am proud to say that it is done and we will continue on to the next step, as always.  We will be doing the cam swap on Don's engine next and I have a couple crate engines to build.  The new cam for Don's engine is a little more radical than the one we just tested but it also has a much smaller bore.  It is .180 smaller as a matter of fact.  We are going to push Don's engine one more time to see what number we can get out of it and hopefully see some cool stuff.  That is where we are currently running and hope that everyone enjoys the results as much as we do.

mt83

Reaction score
With a header swap today and some testing and more tuning we have reached 804 hp but we lost some bottom end torque.  We still have some more test to so stay tuned.

StanJ

Reaction score
mt83 said:
With a header swap today and some testing and more tuning we have reached 804 hp but we lost some bottom end torque.  We still have some more test to so stay tuned.

Note -- that 804 came in the middle of a thunderstorm and in 9 F. hotter air than yesterday's test.  In the same air, there would have been much less (if any) loss of bottom end torque...even with the more-restrictive mufflers. 

EZ

Reaction score
StanJ said:
The door was open, but Jerry was standing in the middle of it...so I'm not sure if this resulted in a net improvement in air quality...   :bolt:

Now THAT's funny I don't care who ya are!!!!  :fu:

"EZ"

EZ

Reaction score
Lost a little bottom end torque?  :quoties:

When you start the dyno sheet with 600 lb/ft. of torque
does it matter if you lose a little on the bottom?  Very few
cars would be able to hook 600 lb./ft. of torque anyway!!
Especially street cars.  And unless the drag car is really set up right
you may be helping him launch better by pulling a little tq. off
the bottom and adding some HP at the top.

Great work.  Keep the pics and info coming.  Did anyone shoot a video
of the 800 HP motor?  I'd like to hear it.  You Tube maybe? Please?  :metal:

"EZ"

500scottsdale

Reaction score
Good show and my hats off to the only vendor who has enough balls to post there dyno results.