What's up and coming at CPP.

mt83

Reaction score
Here is a list of items that will make everyone's life easier when referencing CPP products.

CPP aluminum heads                      = 2895.00
CPP Intake                                  = 595.00  (Price drop)
CPP Pistons                                  = 599.00
CPP Rod and Piston Combo              = 1050.00
CPP Shaft Rockers (Alum head only) = 995.00
T&D Shaft Rockers (Alum head Only) = 1260.00

Here are the flow numbers from our aluminum head:

V. Lift    Int    Exh
.200      171    109
.300      233    149
.400      296    184
.500      345    221
.600      376    249
.700      391    267
.800      398    278
.850      402

We have also cured the valve location problem.  We now offer a universal piston that will work with any head on the market today.  We are introducing the new and improved CPP piston.  It is a 24 cc dish with dual valve reliefs and a custom dish shape.  It is engineered to utilize our valve location and chamber design while still being able to use on a set of stock iron heads.  These pistons with the 24 cc dish will allow 10:1 compression on iron heads and 11.3:1 on our aluminum heads.  I will include a picture of our new pistons to wet your taste buds.  These will be available in +.030, +.080, and +.100.  We may have some +.060 done at some point but not likely.  We have designed our new parts with the customer in mind.  We have a head that will run very strong down low and still out perform most of the BBC heads on the market today.  While utilizing a unique piston design, we have allowed any head combination available for the Big Caddy, and got the compression where it should be.  We think our new parts should be big sellers and their universal design will allow for endless combination's.

102_0172

102_0174

mt83

Reaction score
They are Probe and made of the same quality Ross forgings that all their pistons are made out of.  All of it done in the good ole USA.  They are just our new design with all the same benefits our pistons have always offered.

Ted in Olympia

Reaction score
The pistons are a great deal and allows a person with a standard build to choose what heads to get at a later date.  Will allow the stock heads, MTS heads or CPP heads, the choice is yours in the future.  The only problem will be if the heads are still available if you don't make up your mind now?

My only problem is that I think 11.3 (CPP heads only) is too high for street use.  I know they are trying to promote them for even mild builds but with the high compression ratio this may not be practical.  But for the guy that wants to buy race gas it would make a mean combo.

It's fantasic the choices that we are getting now.

TED

dave brode

Reaction score
Static would be only slightly higher that with the standard "shelf" pistons sold now, which are 28cc.

Matt,

What is the chamber cc on the alum heads?

Dave

hertzdaddy

Reaction score
Ted in Olympia said:
The pistons are a great deal and allows a person with a standard build to choose what heads to get at a later date.  Will allow the stock heads, MTS heads or CPP heads, the choice is yours in the future.  The only problem will be if the heads are still available if you don't make up your mind now?

Or if you want to do all of that but already have a 60 over block that you want to upgrade without more machine work.  :sad:

Eric

JackT

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
2002 Super Duty 7.3, 1952 ford F1, 1968 Firebird ,
Yea, I would never skip a bore size on a rebuild on a block that hasn't been made in over 30 years, in limited quantity.

mt83

Reaction score
We have taken into consideration every aspect of the 11.3:1 compression.  I know it sounds high but it runs on 93 with the aluminum head.  The heat dissipation increase from the aluminum heads allows for the higher compression on the street.  We built and ran Dwayne's engine on a higher compression than that with pump gas.  It will continue to run and be well satisfied with it once the fuel injection is tuned properly.  It ran great with the single four barrel at that compression too.  I am also building an engine for a gentleman in Atlanta that is set up on the same compression.  It will be ran on pump gas as well.

Ted,
As far as our heads go we will be selling any and all we can.  The current build will tell the whole story of the low end possibilities of these heads. 

Dave,
Our shelf pistons for the irons are 24cc as well.  You are exactly right with the static compression measures.  It isn't that high and you also have to consider chamber design as well as volume.  They are 70 cc combustion chambers, and the high swirl chamber design makes a huge difference when it comes to detonation concerns.

The main reason we are offering +.030 is demand.  If you absolutely want a +.030 we have it but the head is designed to produce optimum flow at +.060 and bigger.

I hope this makes it easier on everyone with the option of any cylinder head choice and getting the compression where you like it.  I know we are cutting edges with some of this but it has been tested and proven. 

dave brode

Reaction score
Matt,

Interesting. Perhaps I was mistaken about CPP ever stocking 28cc forgings. I could be thinking of the past when both CPP and MTS had the 28cc dish KBs.

Using the ole .75 to 1.0 increase is ok with alum heads, that would mean 10.3 to 10.55-1 with iron. Up on the edge, but that's the kind of fellow I am too.

My 2 cents is, the tight and short baby cam will pull far higher with good heads that it would with even good irons. I like a wide LSA when the heads are moderatley to severely limited, but I don't know at what flow level a tighter LSA might do well. 280? 300? Certainly your heads will do fine with the tight lsa.

Like others, I would have to bet against your heads doing very well down low [say lower than 2800], but I'll be surprised if it doesn't pull to 5000.

Good luck with the build.

Dave

hertzdaddy

Reaction score
mt83 said:
The main reason we are offering +.030 is demand.  If you absolutely want a +.030 we have it but the head is designed to produce optimum flow at +.060 and bigger.

So why not stock an .060 piston? I'm no authority but it seems that size is more common than the larger overbores. Just curious.

Eric

dave brode

Reaction score
hertzdaddy said:
So why not stock an .060 piston? I'm no authority but it seems that size is more common than the larger overbores. Just curious.

Eric

Ditto, and 60 works with a felpro, and allows an 80 later w/a corteco w/o the need for expensive gaskets.

Dave

Ted in Olympia

Reaction score
MTS Marty AKA Nashillac said:
Actually the firering in the Felpros I've measured are under 3.357"

Or 4.357  :D but I came up with the same results and I would use the corteco for .060.  I blew a couple of head gaskets with my .060 engine and I think this could have been the problem.

TED

mt83

Reaction score
hertzdaddy said:

Eric

I apologize for the missed statement there I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off when I was posting that.  We offer them in +.030, +.060, +.080 and +.100.  These are the sizes that will be available for our new forgings.

Cadillacs R Us

Reaction score
dave brode said:
Hmm,

I thought that they were 4.365"?

Dave

I have two new sets and one used set of fel-pros and they all "chinese" 6 inch dial caliper at 4.370.  So I take them to a friend that has a mititoya 10 incher dial caliper and they all came out at 4.367  lol

That's my story and I'm sticking to it  :fu:

Ron

dave brode

Reaction score
Cadillacs R Us said:
I have two new sets and one used set of fel-pros and they all "chinese" 6 inch dial caliper at 4.370.  So I take them to a friend that has a mititoya 10 incher dial caliper and they all came out at 4.367   lol

That's my story and I'm sticking to it  :fu:

Ron

I was pretty sure that I had measured them at 4.365". That was a year or three ago. I have a newer pair in stock. Will meaure.

Dave