Posting my first time...

Discussion in 'Early Cadillac Engines' started by Damien Benson, Feb 22, 2020.

1. 48Austin

48Austin Safty First! Then pull the trigger!

What vehicle(s) do you drive?:
    1964 Commercial, 1948 Austin, 58 Pan
    Not looking good under a gasser.

2. Damien Benson

Damien Benson New Member

2001 Chevrolet Silverado
    That's what he told me, but that's what I kept coming back to a 400 by the pan, but the amount of spots on the transmission has that many clicks.

Yes, I sent them an email about maybe giving me some trade in cash for the pan I have. Still haven't heard back. I'm going to try to call them Monday. I'll take a fixer-upper, she's not gonna to wheel stands, sorry bud. I'm just trying to get it running, clean it up, clear it and drive it. This free engine is starting to look like it's gonna cost more than a good used 350.

3. Damien Benson

Damien Benson New Member

2001 Chevrolet Silverado
    Cadillac Kid, I'd love to be able to have something like that even. Considered getting a Ford 351 pan and blending them together using the edge of the front sump pan on the motor now.

4. PJ McCoy

PJ McCoy Well-Known Member

I have a pan that I hacked up and the pick up that goes with it. You pay shipping and Ill send it your way! its not pretty but it doesn't leak. Ill try to get you some pics in the morning if its not raining.
    also, It will cost you more than a chevy 350. Parts for the chevy are cheap and used parts are even cheaper. If I had to do it all over again, I would stay with the caddy engine. Just because of the torque. also nothing sounds like a Caddy. Let me know after I get the pics to you, I will send them to you in a PM, I am to ashamed to post here:(:(:(:(
    my car didn't do wheelies either. If it did that pan would scare the hell out of everyone. Some kind of hairy animal did get stuck between the pan/road, but it wasn't long, maybe a mile or two. Pan won, animal lost.:devil:

5. 5one9

5one9 Active Member

2007 Magnum SRT8, 1957 F100
    Come on. Post a pic. With the corona virus stress we’re under we could use a tension breaker

6. Damien Benson

Damien Benson New Member

2001 Chevrolet Silverado
    PJ, I look forward to the pics. I might be able to smooth it out some and get it going. I was looking at 454 pans last night to blend together. This truck isn't going to win any car shows, just a driver.

Right now just trying to gather parts and information on dropping this thing in and get it home.

Now to figure out a plan for motor mounts. Anyone got some pictures, and what mounts did you use? Gotta get this together for my one week shot in June.

7. 5one9

5one9 Active Member

2007 Magnum SRT8, 1957 F100
    Bro. D's pictures of his mounts are as simple as you are going to get. And totally functional. I don't know what else you would want. Mine are more complicated and no better than his. Look at his pics again.

8. 48Austin

48Austin Safty First! Then pull the trigger!

1964 Commercial, 1948 Austin, 58 Pan
  9. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

Here are a few more pictures of engine mounts. The first two are of a friends new motor and the others variations of my mounts.

d

Attached Files: