cars-----test

'70 C/10 SS500

Reaction score
...Trail of bread crumbs?  Reese's Pieces?  Beer bottles?  Loose women?  Something has got to be an effective lure to get 'em over to your place for a photo shoot.    ...what was that about women and cameras....?  :D :shhh:

rowaid

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance - how does one get in touch with this "Bart" for light wheels?  I'm not happy with my set up - the Kumho 275/60X15 tires weigh 37 lbs each - they are the only "H" rated tire in that size I could find - and my 8X15 wheels from Vintique are around 35 each, so getting the tires up under the rear fenders is a sure trip to the chiropracter.  Incidentally, I also looked at the GMC 8" Rallye wheels, but the back spacing was wrong for my set up.  Thanks,  Bob

A

Anonymous

"bart" wheels
Its a dirt track rim
Summit has them or any circle jerk supply place should have em
About $45 each

rowaid

Reaction score
Thanks TORQUE for the info on the wheels - I had seen them before, but I was spooked by the "for racing only" deal - it would seem to me that any wheel strong enough for dirt track use and abuse would be OK on the street, but maybe the weight (my car is right at 5000 lbs.) is the factor.  Or do road wheels have to have some kind of certification, and these don't have it??  Regaqrds,  Bob

A

Anonymous

I saw where Cragar is making a couple of different 'stock car' looking wheels now. They are comparable in price to the Barts but I don't know what they weigh. One style has the D shaped holes and the other has round holes. They are powdercoated as well. Another option anyway...

Kurt

dave brode

Reaction score
rowaid,

Not sure how light they are, but I've had corvette style rims built by Early Wheel. I'm pretty sure that they use the same rim shell as the dirt car rims use. They can do any width from 5" - 14", any offset and any bolt pattern. They take stock or aftermarket 'vette style ralley centers and rings. Not too pricey. They can also do them in chrome rim shell, center or both. There are aftermarket disc brake style caps with three blade spinners that might catch your fancy on a caddy.
Dave

A

Anonymous

Rowaid

To be honest I have no clue on what they will take as far as weight

What i do know is that they will hold up to a severe ass whipping on New York city streets in a 4000+ lb CDV or a much heavier overpowered buick electra
They make em with the right bolt pattern and backset/offset to fit a few of the caddy body styles and they are cheap
you can also fit hubcaps on them .....for the stealth look
Wish i had some pics of Don's old car with the 255/60's on his old car they looked wide from the back :twocents:

rowaid

Reaction score
Many thanks both Dave and Torque - it may be that these guys don't want to have any lawyer type come back and therefor say the wheels are "race only" when they work fine on the street otherwise.  I don't really care what they look like - I intend to run normal type hub caps - not my '62s because they won't fit the modern rim - but something "stealthy" - but I would like to keep some of the unsprung and rotaing weight off.  And I have to be careful that the disk brake calipers clear - not a problem with the original drum brakes!  Best regards,  Bob