Building one of the world's most absurd commercial chassis hearses (a turbo build thread)

Psychoholic

Professional Idiot
Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
72 Miller Meteor
@48Austin those are in fact CadCo rockers! They are made by Harland Sharp. Pretty damned sturdy units, way better than I was expecting.

So I'm on the search for a set of forged low-compression pistons I can run with the 76 cc heads, I'll do a set of H-beam rods probably of standard length (unless I can figure out what length I can run without needing even more machine work than just going 30 over and a line bore), a main halo and all the appropriate ARP studs everywhere.

gordon

Reaction score
I am using 7.0" H beam rods from an Olds performance place. I think the guys name was Dick Miller In Mississippi. He has a batch made for him to fit the 425 Olds engine and keeps them in stock. Molner makes the rods but you buy them from Dick Miller Racing(I will verify that name tomorrow , I don't always trust my memory ) since they are not a standard item from Molner Rods. I bought them because they fit the Cadillac 2.5" rod journal . No turning down to Chrysler size or making wider crank journals or narrowing the big end on the rods. The only down side is they are made for .980" pins. There is enough meat in the pin bushing to easily hone them for fit with .990" chevy size pins. That is how I am doing it. As soon as my custom pistons are here I will share with the guys here how they turned out. The rods were reasonable cost , the pistons typical price for custom and done to my specs$$$$$$$ . I am shooting for 9.8:1 comp. ratio.

Darius

Reaction score
I am using 7.0" H beam rods from an Olds performance place. I think the guys name was Dick Miller In Mississippi. ... As soon as my custom pistons are here I will share with the guys here how they turned out. The rods were reasonable cost , the pistons typical price for custom and done to my specs$$$$$$$ . I am shooting for 9.8:1 comp. ratio.
We certainly “pay to play” don’t we.

bro. “Only complaining a little,” d

gordon

Reaction score
My memory was working OK , I got the rods from Dick Miller racing , the rods are Molner Technologies H-beam rods made for Dick Miller racing to fit 425 Olds engines. I paid $699.00 for them. Dick Miller has two locations one is in Kentucky and the other just across the state line in Mississippi. Most times you will call and have to wait for them to call you back. I do not think you can buy these from Molner Tech . Seems they are batch made for Dick Miller. The website and catalogue I have show the rod as a Parabolic I beam design (which I prefer for blown applications) similar to what you get from Oliver Rods. Oliver is a super nice($$$$) rod. The picture is inaccurate , the rods that you get are actually very well made H beam rods From Molner Technologies with ARP 2000 bolts. Contact # for Dick Miller racing is 6 6 2 2 3 3 23 01. Just for the record 7.0" CtoC , Big end for 2.5" journals, and bushed pin ends for .980" which I will hone to fit .990" pins. (more common BBC size). I almost went for some Chrysler sized H beam rods that would have meant machining the crank and narrowing a bit the big end of the rods also. Lot more time and $$$$. These Rods I got get me a longer rod length(personal preference) and hang on an unmodified Cadillac crank. I was going to have to get custom pistons anyway so this is a win win for my combo. Hope this helps some of you guys.