Where are the parts?

48Austin

Safety First! Then pull the trigger!
Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
1964 Commercial, 1948 Austin, 58 Pan
It seems that there are no used Cad hi-perf parts any where. We have venders that seem to sell new. Otherwise they wouldn't be in business. But no one that sells used. What happened to all the Edelbrock heads, CPP heads, CPP parts, MTS parts, Potter parts and others? Did they just get melted down for scrap? Seems very strange to me. I have been looking.

5one9

Reaction score
2007 Magnum SRT8, 1957 F100
Where are you looking? Used Edelbrock intakes are reasonably common. Everything else not so much

Psychoholic

Professional Idiot
Reaction score
72 Miller Meteor
The optimist in me says 'They are built so reliably that there is no reason to scrap them!' but the pragmatist says 'they are buried under decades of dust and neglect in a bunch of inherited trophies of builders past'. Seriously - where is the used market for upgraded parts?

48Austin

Reaction score
Where are you looking? Used Edelbrock intakes are reasonably common. Everything else not so much
Haven't seen those on jerkbay, Racing Junk, or my local Craig's list.
The optimist in me says 'They are built so reliably that there is no reason to scrap them!' but the pragmatist says 'they are buried under decades of dust and neglect in a bunch of inherited trophies of builders past'. Seriously - where is the used market for upgraded parts?
Like I said CadCo has been in business for more than 30 years. MTS, the same. Potter, CPP, REAL LONG TIME. You can find vids on boobtube that are 15 to 29 years old of guys at the track. SO what happened to the parts?
This car supposedly ran a Cad 11 years ago. There are many more vids on boobtube of big Cad powered cars. Then also look at look at some of the old threads on this sight.

underdog

Reaction score
I can't tell for sure, but I think it's the car I bought a number of parts from when he went to big block Chevy. He's in
New York, & the car is called "Unfinished Business".

Red98422

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’ve got pro street heads for sale. Not sure if you’ve looked.

some used stuff also pops up on the FB group.

48Austin

Reaction score
I can't tell for sure, but I think it's the car I bought a number of parts from when he went to big block Chevy. He's in
New York, & the car is called "Unfinished Business".
Yes I know. Last I saw he was running with the Ohio Outlaw gassers. But there are many more old vids with Cad powered cars.

48Austin

Reaction score
Need more
or more
. Many more.