What's up and coming at CPP.

dave brode

Reaction score
mt83 said:
Sorry to all. I know I promised you dyno sheets. Unfortunately, due to inclement weather, I was unable to get to the shop and get them in the scanner. I will make sure and get them posted as soon as possible.

What, Matt, an inch of snow down there? :devil:

mt83

Reaction score
Dave,
I understand that six inches may be a little pathetic to get snowed in from, but we just aren't equipped to deal with it. The hill that my driveway goes down in froze solid and the only vehicle able to go up and down it has all wheel drive and traction control lol. Any way I am going to try to get the dyno sheets scanned in and up today.

I also hope to have the new timing chains in stock and ready to sell in the next couple weeks. So keep that in mind. I will keep everyone up to date on those as well.

dave brode

Reaction score
Matt,

I had to kid you on the snow. You are lucky. Whatever it is that the State uses on the roads here now rots a car up in 5 years. I mean rots. It's a liquid, the roads stay wet unless it's dumping snow down. The county uses pea gravel in their mix, so it blasts the lower part of the car too. In PA, near here, they use pea gravel too.

Tell us more about the t-chains. Not Cloyes?

Dave

JW

Reaction score
not to get too far off topic

Its the calcium that rots the cars more than the salt....if the roads are staying wet its calcium or hygen they are using brine will airdry if it isnt snowing or raining.

Interested in the timing chains as well.

mt83

Reaction score
I think they just use that blue salt here till they run out of their yearly supply, which isn't much lol.

I will give you all the details once I get them in hand and get a look at them. I will be trying to get the sample piece in my hands next week and get the rest of them shortly after. There will be 25 available at a time by the current minimum quantities.

Andy V

Reaction score
The brine used here in PA is coming from the natural gas wells being drilled...marcella shale

It is calcium chloride rich from what I understand...the state probably charges the drilling companies to take it (DEP) and then they have free salt for the roads. Being liquid it does get in every crevice underneath a car now...and I'm sure will rust the hell out of stuff soon

mt83

Reaction score
Yes it is. I know I promised to have the dyno sheets up and going but our color printer took a poop!!! GRRRRR new technology huh. I am going to run by my buddies house tomorrow and get them printed up. I should be able to scan them in by friday.

MOCRUZN

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, Paris. My one word reply to the previous post is not about my being unaware of the negotiation and sale of CPP to potential buyers.