Valve center line of Boogieman heads

gordon

Reaction score
Any of you guys out there in Cad power land know how much the valve centerlines were moved side ways of front to back compared to OE heads? I already have some custom pistons set up for 2.19 int and 1.88 exh. in the early style Iron heads. When I get a set of these Boogie man heads I figure I will need to recut the valve reliefs , just curious how much and in which direction the valve were moved. I can guess but thought I would ask if some one has already been down this road. Pistons now will allow for .700 lift and a good amount of duration for future exploits.

Big Cadoo!

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
Allegro
I have boogieman heads from Potter. I had to enlarge the intake valve relief on venolia pistons from CadCompany that originally were made for iron 76cc heads. The intake valve is moved over towards the exhaust

Big Cadoo!

Reaction score
Allegro
CadCompany sells those heads. Courtney is The Man of these engines after market components. The people at CadCompany are very helpful.

gordon

Reaction score
I kinda figured they had to move the intake over toward the ex side ,also if ex valve location was adjusted also ?just trying to get idea of how much I will be modifying my new pistons from race tech. I called Cad Company but did not get any numbers from the person I was talking to. Just that the pistons they sell will work with either style head. My pistons are set up to allow around .750 lift but were cut for stock location 2.19" intake on OE heads. I will wait till heads get here and do mock up , checking for witness marks and go from there. Let you know how it turns out.

Big Cadoo!

Reaction score
Allegro
I kinda figured they had to move the intake over toward the ex side ,also if ex valve location was adjusted also ?just trying to get idea of how much I will be modifying my new pistons from race tech. I called Cad Company but did not get any numbers from the person I was talking to. Just that the pistons they sell will work with either style head. My pistons are set up to allow around .750 lift but were cut for stock location 2.19" intake on OE heads. I will wait till heads get here and do mock up , checking for witness marks and go from there. Let you know how it turns out.
The intake valve locations required an offset rocker arm.