Update what ive been working on

Discussion in 'Big Block Cadillacs' started by kzhurley, Sep 5, 2019.

1. kzhurley

kzhurley Active Member SUPPORTING MEMBER

Ive been working on a 2x4 efi setup for my 56 coupe de ville.
    The intake is a custom sheet metal intake I purchased off of member jwsunup on here a while ago who made a couple for a few people. It is a low rise single plane that happens to have the same carb centers as a stock 1956 Eldorado dual quad oil bath air cleaner.
    I am mounting the fuel rails and injectors under the intake. They fit under the valley pan when installed. I'm going to use bulkhead fittings in the back of the intake to bring the fuel lines through.
    For throttle bodies, I'm using (2) rochester 4gc carbs from a 429. They're something like 690 cfm each or so. I'm converting them into throttle bodies but I'm leaving all the linkages intact.
    Here are some pics so far...

Attached Files:

Red98422 and richie49 like this.
  2. DaveM

DaveM Member

How are you going to get your TPS to work ?

3. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member SUPPORTING MEMBER

THAT is Choice!!

I love the concept of the hidden injectors and the use of two old carbs for the supposed fuel handling!

It is going to be a tall sucker but I'm sure you've already measured it a time or two.

Nice work, and fun too.

bro. d

4. kzhurley

I am going to mill the base plate on the rear carb to mount the tps to. I'll block all the passages in the base plate and try to seal up the butterflies best I can. Then I'm mounting a stepper iac to the manifold between the carbs. Not going to be 100% hidden, but shouldn't look obvious.

5. kzhurley

Right now I have an edelbrock intake on the car with a holley 454 tbi and a modified stock single 4bbl oil bath aircleaner. It's pretty tall now. But this 2x4 intake isn't more than 1/2 inch taller than the edelbrock. There is a lot of hood height in a 56 cadillac. Rough measurements it looks like it'll fit, but if not, I can shorten the stacks above the carbs some. And shorten the pods down some to keep clear of the valve covers

Attached Files:

richie49 likes this.
  6. kzhurley

On the hunt for another 63-64? Rochester 4g carb. One of the ones I picked up is unusable due to the base plate froze up solid.

richie49 likes this.
  7. kzhurley

Got the rochesters converted over to throttle bodies today. Plugged all the idle circuits and removed all the innards. Also mounted the tps, locked out the choke parts, andsealed up the primary and secondary throttle blades.

Still need to get them replated, but for now they'll work.

Attached Files:

richie49, blue68deville and 5one9 like this.
  8. kzhurley

Well, got the fuel rails and plumbing about finished.
    Need to put rubber grommets where the bulkhead fittings go through and need to make the injector wiring subharness.
    Then onto mounting and plumbing the jeep iac housing to the manifold in between the carbs..
    Also recieved the fuel injectors today. They're 33lb ls2 injectors. Should support 425hp or so. Later when I get a healthy 500 built I'll be able to step up to larger ones.

I chose those injectors for
    (A) they're short so I was able to keep the fuel rails low and..
    (B) they're dirt cheap used lol..

Attached Files:

DevilDeVille and 5one9 like this.