tried some juice after nine years of thinking about it

JackT

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
2002 Super Duty 7.3, 1952 ford F1, 1968 Firebird ,
Oh well , can't get it to work, probably gone again, lol.

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
Jack the title says i am not authorized to view it. Maybe the settings can be adjusted.

Darius

Reaction score
Jack, even if we can't see the video, you could TELL us about your experiences.

d

JackT

Reaction score
Ok. I built this car 9 years ago and it allways seemed to pop on top end and pinged in high gear with anything more than 26 total timing. It ran pretty good though, 12.00 with a 750 vac and 113 mph with a 800dp. kinda thought I needed to retard the cam a little and put stiffer springs in it but never really felt like it. So I figured heck with it i'm going to just try nitrous and see how it goes. So I put a mini fuel cell on the core support with an electric pump, used a big shot plate with cheater solenoids and put in non resistor cold racing plugs on a 250 shot. Weird thing is my top end popping and high gear pinging on motor were gone. It ran great on the spray too. So I took it to the track on 275 street drag radials.I tried to spray to soon and spun and went 11.4 at 126. Ran again not spraying until it hooked and went 10.96 at 124. Then I checked the mini cell and it was bone dry. I checked the bottle and it was empty. I guess I lucked out and the bottle went empty before the tank. SO if filled both, lowered the tire pressure and tried again. The car I was lined up with was purging his bottle so I got anxious and sprayed of the line and spun bad. this was 11.6 at 123. I decide to put it on the trailer since I wasn't having a good day and noticed gas was pouring out of the fitting on the mini cell at the fitting. I never tightened it and it worked loose, explaining why it was empty before. I imagine the pump was sucking some air too explaining why mph was getting slower. Since then I replaced the nitrous solenoid with a big shot to spray 275 since nos says the cheater was only good to 200. put my 800dp back on, and lowered my rear control arms four inches and put a impala ss sway bar on. It felt a lot better on the street but I haven't been back to the track. This was with full exhaust ,air cleaner, pump gas, and all bets on. I has 110 race gas in the cell. It was pretty cool at the track though because I have no roll bar and stock belts on a bench seat and they didn't mess with me and even called me back over the intercom when the lanes were closing but I was all ready loaded up. Just thought I'd share this since I haven't been on here in a while and haven't done any track time with this car in a while.

Darius

Reaction score
Jack,

THANK YOU! That's what we wanted to hear.

The story of your track day falls sweetly to my ears and to those of any others who have ever been at the drags. Overall, I'd say your experiment was a darn good success! You were putting down some very nice times, and given you realized where the hick-ups were with spraying too soon, there is more there to be had. Be sure to update us after your next trip to the tracks.

Best,

bro. d

JackT

Reaction score
Thanks, I have a link to my FB page on my profile page if youd like to see the last run. Amazed howe quiet the car is, lol.

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
Jack o went to your fb page. Didnt see any video there. But did see someone dressed up for Halloween or walking dead. Or something. Freaked me out. Hahaha.
Cool pontiac. Was that your ride back in 2015?

Andy V

Reaction score
you running at cecil ? pretty sweet to be in the 10's even not with all the bugs worked out

JackT

Reaction score
Jack o went to your fb page. Didnt see any video there. But did see someone dressed up for Halloween or walking dead. Or something. Freaked me out. Hahaha.
Cool pontiac. Was that your ride back in 2015?
Yes I had the firebird for a while now. I was captain Spaulding from the movie Devils rejects. you have to scroll down the page to get to the vid . thanks

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
Jack thanks for trying to help. I went back to FB and again the same thing.
Oct. Post
Sept post .blue truck
Then and old post of the pontiac.
Which i love btw. Awesome car.
You might have you settings blocking public viewing. I have mibe set were i only let close friends see certain posts. All general posts are open to the public viewing/trolling. Lol. Thats what i did to you FB Page. I wanted to see the video.
PJ

JackT

Reaction score
I'm a facebook dummy. lol changed some settings

Darius

Reaction score
DANG! That sounded good and looked even better!

How much juice were you feeding that vehicle? Best my old eyes could make out you stopped the clock at 10:57. Were you running the setup mentioned in your post #6 above from November 2017?

Bro. Jack, thanks for the motivation!

Best,

bro. d

JackT

Reaction score
DANG! That sounded good and looked even better!

How much juice were you feeding that vehicle? Best my old eyes could make out you stopped the clock at 10:57. Were you running the setup mentioned in your post #6 above from November 2017?

Bro. Jack, thanks for the motivation!

Best,

bro. d
I think it was about 250-275 shot. same size jets as before. 128.7 mph. Difference in set up from before is a nitrous outlet stinger three plate, better nos selonoid, Bulldog intake, raised the intake ports in the head about a quarter inch more, (they were actually shorter than stock with the raised floors), and 30" tall tires. I have since replaced the 850 dp with a Holley Brawler 750 vac sec and it leaves much better and feels all around stronger but haven't been able to get back to the track,