the new tach

pila78

Reaction score
I bought a new tach when the old one gave up. It's an iEquus brand. seems to work OK, but the backlighting is so bright that I can't see the speedo or any other gauges. Called their Cust Service line...no real help there The light in it wont dim with the rest of the dash lights. I asked the rep if it had an LED in it, and he said no......incandescent lamp. I told him it would work OK for a dome light, but not worth crap for a tach at night.

So today I fooled with using a pot to dim it. I ended up with a 5 K ohm pot to dim it. With the 5K resistance. it doesn't go completely off when turned all the way back from bright. When I drive it after dark again I can tweak it to where it works best for brightness...

More off-shore junk that doesn't work right without help... :pow:

Yendor

Reaction score
That is good to know, I almost bought one of those to put on a boat. That problem would be compounded when you are running in the dark without the benefit of headlights. Any glare/extraneous light can easily pose an insurmountable problem.

It used to be that the local parts houses stocked Autometer gauges and in spite of their cost effectiveness, I always had pretty good luck with them. Seems like anymore they have been replaced by that Equus brand.
I wonder if they all have that affliction? One could probably expect that they would. ???

thomasf2220

Reaction score
The value of learning how to write good transcends university learning into real-life applications outside of academia. Correct grammar and spelling usage is important to any form of writing, whether it be a business report or a note to a child's principal.Good writing is about clear thinking and communicating our ideas- Realizing this, our professional writers are well versed in critical thinking and organizing a paper in any discipline with quality and on time.You could always get high quality essays, assignments, coursework, term paper,from cheap essay writing service , and it will be surely worth it.

bugzaper

Reaction score
thomasf2220 said:
The value of learning how to write good transcends university learning into real-life applications outside of academia. Correct grammar and spelling usage is important to any form of writing, whether it be a business report or a note to a child's principal.Good writing is about clear thinking and communicating our ideas- Realizing this, our professional writers are well versed in critical thinking and organizing a paper in any discipline with quality and on time.You could always get high quality essays, assignments, coursework, term paper,from cheap essay writing service , and it will be surely worth it.

"Yeah" what he said..... :whistle: . ^

peter phillips

Reaction score
Thomas has a point. The problem is that his message is not well written, has several grammatical errors, is difficult to understand and completely out of context.

peter phillips

Reaction score
I have an Autometer tach and the lighting is horrid. It's lit from the front and only half of the gauge surface is well lit while the other half is in shadow. It sucks for such an expensive gauge. Plus my vacuum/boost gauge also from Autometer hardly lights up at all.
Peter

pila78

Reaction score
So, where the hell did that guy come from ?? ??? And he didn't help our tach lighting either !! LOL :D

My '74 Chebby Malibu has a cheapo Sun-Pro tach, and the lighting in it is fine & it works good...