Street Kill ,Another Episode .

Discussion in 'Off Topic, B.S., Lounge' started by peter phillips, Jul 8, 2018.

1. peter phillips

peter phillips Active Member

It's Saturday night (last night ) and the wife and I are on the way home from Street Classics ,our usual Saturday night car show .We're travelling along the Queensway ,a favourite road of mine ,and I'm listening to the big 500 inch Caddy burbling along at about 40 miles an hour .

We stop at a red light and while sitting there a kid pulls in beside us ,passenger side .He says to my wife "nice car ,what's it got in it ? " To which she replies ,"500 Caddy "." Oh so its original" he says .

I look over and it's a punk ,baseball cap at a tilt but I can't figure out the car ,some sort of ricer but its a coupe with a very low roof line .

The light changes and we move ahead ,the kid launches this thing and its loud ,surprisingly loud and my gawd it's fast .I go along a bit with him but I'm not really trying .I still cant figure our the car ,some sort of ricer coupe and it's all murdered out ,flat black and no markings .But it has to be a turbo car ,too quiet at idle for all that noise and speed .Now I guess the kid thought that tagging along with him was all I had because he starts the goofy shit blasting it and letting off ,waiting for me to catch up and blasting away again .

Oh kid ,what you don't know .

A couple of miles up the road we get to a real good spot to play .He's ahead of me and we're running about 40 mph .I drop a gear and the Ventura slows ,the kid slows ,watch it kid ,it's coming ,I drop another gear into first and the Ventura slows ,the kid slows some more ,oh you dumb ass you are falling right into it ,a second later and we're side by side ,about 20 mph and it's time .

I whack the gas hard ,the front end rises and the car begins to hunt ,just like it always does ,a pull to the right, a pull to the left ,I can feel the tires hooking and unhooking side to side ,the car is actually stuttering and then it smoothes and I can feel this massive pull .The shift light flashes and I hit second gear ,no stutter ,no hunt just a hard hard pull .

Where's the kid ,I can't see him ,I can't hear him ,I look over my shoulder and I've gapped him .Enough ,kill the gas .hit third gear and pull it down .The kid shoots by us ,damn that thing is loud .

Hey kid ,here's your hat, here's your lunch and your doors are back there somewhere .Dumb ass .

Another street kill with Caddy power .I love killing ricers or whatever the hell it was .

I'm done .

Peter

blue68deville, El Diablo and PJ McCoy like this.
  2. Ted in Olympia

Ted in Olympia Well-Known Member

Nothing better as long as you don't get caught.

peter phillips likes this.
  3. El Diablo

El Diablo Active Member

What vehicle(s) do you drive?:
    1959 Cadillac Sedan deVille
    Tell him "Not bad for an original 500 Caddy, huh?".

4. Cadillac Kid 1

Cadillac Kid 1 Active Member

Back when I was a kid in Los Angeles (1847), I was a street racer extraordinaire. I would race anyone and anything at any time and I had a quite hot (for the time small block in a 55 shoe box with 4.56s and a 4 speed Hydramatic. That was the hot set up in 1960. At one stop light in West LA I came up on an old gent in a (I think it was a Mark-II) Lincoln continental. Quiet as a mouse, not a whisper out of the motor. When the light turned green I nailed it. All I saw was the rear license plate "RPM". He train length ed me.
    I learned later that "RPM" was the personalized plate of Robert P. McCullough. you may have heard of him of the McCullough 2 stroke and supercharger development and manufacturing co. He had a dual blowered equivalent of a 460 inch indianapolis 500 motor in that car and at his age, probably about 60, he was still the little kid that resides inside all of us.
    I don't race on the streets anymore. It is too costly these days and no longer looked on as the harmless rites of passage it once was, but ick aut of Test-n-Tune night at the strip when my 73 Coupe eVille (13.001) is up against some rice rocket or onther "muscle car", and although I might not necessarily get to the finish line first (often do), They can't imagine how that old ugly monster could have kept up with them and often are pulled off on the return road with their hood up checking to see "what is wrong".
    Greg Surfas

5. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

DANG IT Peter,

I was all set to wimp out due to the heat of the day. But Noooo, you had to go and post that kill story. Now, I'll take another leak, fill a large tumbler with ice water and head out to that oven some might wrongly call a garage! Thanks a lot. Hey Greg, your story didn't help matters. :lipsaresealed:

bro. "soon to be drenched in sweat" d

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Red98422 and peter phillips like this.
  6. El Diablo

El Diablo Active Member

What vehicle(s) do you drive?:
    1959 Cadillac Sedan deVille
    Brother D, that's a nice spring day for me. Try 114-116° the past few days for us down in the devils buttcrack... otherwise known as Yuma, Arizona.

Now I want to get some nice Weld or Centerline for my car so that I go snap the spokes off my wire wheels when the light turns green.

7. Red98422

Red98422 New Member

El Diablo, you have my sympathies that you have to live through the weather of Yuma....I’ve visited in August (2010) for a month it wasn’t my idea of a good time lol.

Peter Phillips, that sounds a hell of a lot like a Fiero with a 3.4 turbo swap you went up against (lots of top end when spooled, but almost no grunt down low without twostep)....the purple one in the pics is mine please forgive the wing I bought it that way and the PO did a paint job with it in place and it would look stupid to pull it off (factory white color) this is a “notchie” they also make a fast back version (other picture)

ETA: fieros have almost no badging from the factory

Attached Files:

8. PJ McCoy

PJ McCoy Active Member

D I am doing work on my ride after 8pm. With a big fan. I like it better than the oven bake. 3 weeks ago I did that oven bake. Stood up to fast (i guess) started shaking really bad. Took about 25 mins. To calm the shakes down. I was really scared something was wrong. My guess wad dehydrated a bit and not eating disnt help
    Be careful!!!