Showing you MY JUNK – Pictures Included!

5one9

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
2007 Magnum SRT8, 1957 F100
I’m alive and about to burn one ‘57 Ford to the ground if it doesn’t start cooperating.

Bro. “Getting ready to get aggravated” Steve

Darius

Reaction score
Really good to know that you are alive and at least reasonably well.

Does your Pontiac get much road time and if so are you happy with the outcome?

Best,

bro. d

Darius

Reaction score
I guess everyone who has a big Cadillac engine is finished with their projects. Great!

I’m still working on mine, but it’s all the time consuming little stuff like final “cut and fit” and leveling the drive-train. That said mounting the steering column and brake master cylinder would be considered significant parts. Oh well.

Thanks to spring weather I’m whittling on it about every other day.

If nothing else I’ll keep plugging away to finish the record of my marathon long build.

Best,
Bro. d

Last edited:

FauxPontiac

Reaction score
1964 Lemans
Hey I enjoy your posts so keep up the good work.

I am learning from them and am planning a Taurus fan for my 67 Polara but can't seem to find a Volvo pigtail to use with a Volvo fan controller. The salvage yards around here either don't have any old Volvos or they don't want to bother with pulling it for me.

It would be nice if an aftermarket company made a solution to a two-speed fan controller. When I do searches, they are primarily concerned with "dual" electric fans (that is not the type of two I want), or making them adjustable. I want my two-speeds so I don't draw down my battery so much with my puny alternator!

If I were nerdy enough I would draw the connector up and have it 3D printed. But then I would also need one to begin with to reverse engineer. The whole chicken and the egg thing, you know?

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
Really good to know that you are alive and at least reasonably well.

Does your Pontiac get much road time and if so are you happy with the outcome?

Best,

bro. d
I'm pleased with it, it doesn't see much road time. Still have a lot of gremlins mainly the Trans still puking oil from somewhere. Only after about 1/2 hr of driving. I'm just not motivated to work on it any more. Glad to see yours is still coming along.
Best PJ

Darius

Reaction score
Oh, no. These projects are never truly done. They just get to a level of janky that is acceptable enough.

"Janky" is good!

bro. d

Darius

Reaction score
Well Fellas, the weather has warmed and my recovery from the last surgery achieved a new milestone today when I was able to briefly move around without the aid of a walker or a cane. The true expression of my improved health was when my wife drove me to Harbor Freight to purchase a long-reach pneumatic cutoff tool!

My juices are flowing (the Cadillac juices not the Depends ones) so keep hope alive, or something like that.

bro. “Gimpy” d

richie49

Reaction score
Darius
Glad to see that that you're up and about! Now you get to get at it again! I want to see a video of that toy of your"s
Richard richie49

PROSTOCKTOM

Reaction score
Hi Darius,

I still have all my parts, but after Richard departed the internet. Then after Marty and Jerry passed away I lost a lot of interest in it all. Juan took the 526" engine out of the boat as it was just to heavy in the corners. I might finish my 526" one of these days and put it in the Rambler as I intended to do over 10 years ago. Slow and steady wins the race, so stay after it D. The only other option is not that exciting.

Tom

Darius

Reaction score
Howdy Tom,

Good to hear from you and great that the Cadillac Flame yet flickers within you. There is a wealth of experience in those aging bones of yours!
I’d love to see you get busy on that 526, then plant it into the Rambler!

Wondering about that weight issue which limited Juan. Was he ever able to go the aluminum head direction?

best,
bro. d

48Austin

Safety First! Then pull the trigger!
Reaction score
1964 Commercial, 1948 Austin, 58 Pan
Hi Darius,

I still have all my parts, but after Richard departed the internet. Then after Marty and Jerry passed away I lost a lot of interest in it all. Juan took the 526" engine out of the boat as it was just to heavy in the corners. I might finish my 526" one of these days and put it in the Rambler as I intended to do over 10 years ago. Slow and steady wins the race, so stay after it D. The only other option is not that exciting.

Tom
What kind of boat?

Darius

Reaction score
One of those small jet boats that run crazy tight, narrow, curvy “tracks.” I THINK.

48Austin

Reaction score
Need to put "Linda Love Lace" on top of that 526 into one of these
Since I've done this and long bikes, why not a AA/G. Hopefuly before I die. AA/FA ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

Darius

Reaction score
I don't think those boats would do as a bass boat but I'd take one just for kicks.

Here is a link to the type of boat that Tom's friend Juan plays with:

bro. "dizzy just watching that," d

Last edited:

48Austin

Reaction score
Drifting on water. Just don't like jets.

Darius

Reaction score
Why can’t I log on with the computer any longer??? System is asking me to register- and I’ve been registered forever!!!

Won’t accept my password!!!

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
I'm pleased with it, it doesn't see much road time. Still have a lot of gremlins mainly the Trans still puking oil from somewhere. Only after about 1/2 hr of driving. I'm just not motivated to work on it any more. Glad to see yours is still coming along.
Best PJ
Hey D, Got motivation so I ordered a new speedometer cable. Woohoo.
Then twisted wrong under the car. A painful twinge on my left side, so motivation left quickly.
PJ

Darius

Reaction score
Hey D, Got motivation so I ordered a new speedometer cable. Woohoo.
Then twisted wrong under the car. A painful twinge on my left side, so motivation left quickly.
PJ
Sorry that you advancing age is starting to show. Please be aware, it only gets worse!

The past four days I’ve been working with my son to remove the Porsche six speed transaxle from his V8 engined Corvair. He is selling the Tranaxle. Removal was the easy part, preparing the shipping crate had been the greater task. My body reminds me of my age!

Best to you,

bro. d