rockers

8ad-f85

Reaction score
Like most of their customers you can be one of the first to R&D these by installing them and finding their physical limitations and fitment issues.
Please report back with what steps it will take to be able to install them, etc..

Being that I'm working with engines of all types, I've seen a bit of their stuff.
The rocker type items don't always fit coming from the first couple of production runs.
If you have to machine things to install, the steel used in previous rocker stand types are REALLY hard.
If these are the usual 6061 used, they should tolerate street rpms and spring pressures.
This is not a bash, I have several of their rods and a forged crank in process now, along with many past ones.
I realize that a good portion of seeing any negative internet chatter might be as result of folks not choosing parts appropriate for the app.
Curious to see how these fare...

dave brode

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but speedmaster is the new name for procomp, correct?

I've heard very little positive about procomp. I can't imagine speedmaster is any better.

Ted in Olympia

Reaction score
To me they look to be set up the same as stock rockers but adjustable. They have T's and look like c clips holding the rocker from falling off the t. The question in my mind is if the T is as good as the original GM or will they snap off?

Edit:. Now I see your point Dave, the pairs have a center bolt and could rotate. The originals had two pairs a supporting each other. Unless the base is grooved and I do not see it.

PROSTOCKTOM

Reaction score
At $412 your not that far away from buying a perfect tried and true set from MTS.

Like the old saying goes," If it looks to good to be true it probably is."

Absolutely no way I would spend money them. :bs:

Tom

8ad-f85

Reaction score
I can vouch for the SBC shaft stands not even fitting THEIR OWN sbc head without significant machining.

swamphunter45

Reaction score
They are poorly designed.

No method to lock them on the base plates provided to prevent rotation.

Local guy here ordered them and sent them back.

Nick Campagna

Reaction score
A sheet metal U shaped tray, like the stock units have, would stop rotation without machining. Just sayin'. The real questions are whether the arms are strong/ trunion bearings good, and roller smooth.

8ad-f85

Reaction score
Their other aluminum rockers are claimed to be 6061, which is scary.
I've seen them hold up to cruising use on an sbc with 110/320 spring pressure but have no idea how much time they'll take at full rpm.
Previous failures WERE the trunnion bearings littering your engine, which can destroy your engine.

On other platforms than Cadillac, I've also noted the roller tips not very smooth, there aren't the tiny washers protecting the aluminum from the roller type, they aren't always perpendicular to the pivot trunnion (as seen by angled witness marks on valves, and wear on the roller), and on one occasion...an eccentric roller tip bad enough to cause a rocker stud to snap due to the solid cam's lash varying .060"!!

segajeep

Reaction score
Seller has a ton of bad feedback regarding poor quality and packaging.

bugzaper

Reaction score
Was told they are "Made in China" and come with a "1" year limited warranty, I'll pass.... :whistle: .