What vehicle(s) do you drive?
2007 Magnum SRT8, 1957 F100
I need that Procharger right now!

Darius

Reaction score
[B said:
"5one9, [/B]post: 205289, member: 4946"]
I need that Procharger right now!
Of, come on now! Certainly you aren't going to settle for that modest amount of boost with it's very respectable, YET less than could be, power level, are you?

bro. "Stirring up trouble," d

PSYKO_Inc

Reaction score
66 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Duplex
Eagerly awaiting to see what happens when they throw the party pulley on that procharger...

48Austin

Safty First! Then pull the trigger!
Reaction score
1964 Commercial, 1948 Austin, 58 Pan
Still waiting for a test with a Roots blower. 8:71 to be specific.
Also seems that the oiling problems people are talking about are related to MUCH higher RPM than 6'gs.to 6500.

Psychoholic

Reaction score
72 Miller Meteor
The big headers (2.25" vs 2") really woke that thing up with the smaller pulley. Pump gas, 8.5:1 with ported iron heads, 91 octane, 9psi (smaller pulley) made 820 hp and around 830 lb/ft of torque. The D-1SC is a baby blower for a motor that size and takes anywhere from 80-160 hp to make that much boost so I'm still holding off for the big turbo run!

Psychoholic

Reaction score
72 Miller Meteor
Still waiting for a test with a Roots blower. 8:71 to be specific.
Also seems that the oiling problems people are talking about are related to MUCH higher RPM than 6'gs.to 6500.
He mentioned in the live video and this morning's video that there are no oiling problems with this setup and they're using a stock pump. I don't even know if they're using the shimmed version but even Courtney said there isn't a problem.

Psychoholic

Reaction score
72 Miller Meteor
If you do get the flow bench together, I've got an MTS single plane I'd be willing to test. Apparently straight out of the box the ports are pretty small on it, (good for me since I'm still using stock heads) but tons of meat available for porting. As-cast vs ported might be a fun comparison, or even stock vs ported factory iron manifold...
I've got both the dual plane and the MTS single plane sitting here so I'm definitely going to do the flow on both of them. The bench is built I just need to finish the electronics for it. I did the first version with an Arduino Uno and a small LCD display but I didn't like how jumpy it was because the refresh on the screen is kind of terrible (and data logging isn't great). I'm redoing it with a Raspi4 using either Cayenne (which I'm less a fan of because of the latency) or just go somewhat crude and use matplotlib or plotly to display the data. This is taking more work because I usually just use Arduinos for any of my stupid electronic projects but I need to be more proficient with Raspi stuff so I'm using that as an 'opportunity' to learn.

Caddylackn

Reaction score
The big headers (2.25" vs 2") really woke that thing up with the smaller pulley. Pump gas, 8.5:1 with ported iron heads, 91 octane, 9psi (smaller pulley) made 820 hp and around 830 lb/ft of torque. The D-1SC is a baby blower for a motor that size and takes anywhere from 80-160 hp to make that much boost so I'm still holding off for the big turbo run!

I think they could have had a minor boost leak, that maybe got fixed when the headers were swapped. Their pressured intake setup moves around quite a bit on a pull. A 60 hp gain is quite a bit, considering they were using good 2" headers before. The exhaust ports flow pretty good on the Cad ported heads when N/A, I don't think this was what was holding them back. The supercharger would overcome a minor boost leak, but it would suck up a bunch of mechanical power doing so. They didn't show the charts of what the boost was between runs. I would like to see that.

I did notice that Richard said they were running the 248 duration .600 lift cam, but the bottom of the dyno chart said it was the hydraulic roller cam. Hopefully they just forgot to change the text on the dyno.

They never did mention the lobe separation on that cam, the rule of thumb says it should be wide lobe separation and not narrow for a supercharger. That could explain some of those gains, there was some exhaust back pressure in the cylinder from the valve overlap keeping it from filling completely. The bigger headers helped take away some of the back pressure. They really should be running a blower cam.

5one9

Reaction score
765hp on 91 octane is extremely impressive to me. I just discount the 2.25" headers since they don't fit any reasonable vehicle. That Procharger setup would fit so beautifully in the Malibu, but it would cost me my power steering. Wife says do it. I don't know...……………………………….

5one9

Reaction score
I think they could have had a minor boost leak, that maybe got fixed when the headers were swapped. Their pressured intake setup moves around quite a bit on a pull. A 60 hp gain is quite a bit, considering they were using good 2" headers before. The exhaust ports flow pretty good on the Cad ported heads when N/A, I don't think this was what was holding them back. The supercharger would overcome a minor boost leak, but it would suck up a bunch of mechanical power doing so. They didn't show the charts of what the boost was between runs. I would like to see that.

I did notice that Richard said they were running the 248 duration .600 lift cam, but the bottom of the dyno chart said it was the hydraulic roller cam. Hopefully they just forgot to change the text on the dyno.

They never did mention the lobe separation on that cam, the rule of thumb says it should be wide lobe separation and not narrow for a supercharger.
That could explain some of those gains, there was some exhaust back pressure in the cylinder from the valve overlap keeping it from filling completely. The bigger headers helped take away some of the back pressure. They really should be running a blower cam.
Richard Holdener doesn't follow those rules of thumb...………….thus the "Wrong Cam" t-shirts.

Caddylackn

Reaction score
765hp on 91 octane is extremely impressive to me. I just discount the 2.25" headers since they don't fit any reasonable vehicle. That Procharger setup would fit so beautifully in the Malibu, but it would cost me my power steering. Wife says do it. I don't know...……………………………….
That is not a typical wife response.....Does your wife have a large life insurance policy on you by chance?

765 hp on pump is extremely impressive period. Dodge wants about $20k for their crate 707 hp hellcat motor new.

In Richard Holdener's defense, I don't think he has a run of the place where he can just grab any new cam or parts off Cad Company's shelf he chooses, nor deep pockets to buy every part he wants to test. It looks like he has a choice between the stock, the 216, 248, or the roller. I am sure that Courtney has the proper roller cam for that combo since he sells the Procharger kit. I don't expect Courtney to use his best parts on Richard for nothing either.

I'd like to see the 216 cam run with a cheap turbo(s) on 8 psi with the blow through carb with the low comp ported heads. This would be the combo that could most likely fit within my budget. I bet that power number would not be much lower than 650 hp and close to 700 ft lbs.

Yes those 2.25" headers are absurd, they would only fit a rear engine dragster.

Darius

Reaction score
Anytime a wife gives the go ahead, I consider it a sign from Above!! :notworthy:

Best,

bro. "humble servant," d

(Relocate the power steering pump?)

PSYKO_Inc

Reaction score
Wonder if it would be possible to put the procharger where the alt is now, and fab brackets to put the alt down low... I'm putting way too much thought into something that I'll never be able to afford lol.
I'd like to see the 216 cam run with a cheap turbo(s) on 8 psi with the blow through carb with the low comp ported heads. This would be the combo that could most likely fit within my budget. I bet that power number would not be much lower than 650 hp and close to 700 ft lbs.

Yes those 2.25" headers are absurd, they would only fit a rear engine dragster.
I'd be all over this idea. $150 ebay turbo, stock cast pistons, and boost the snot out of it to see what it will take. And yeah those headers are definitely absurd, stock was a single 2.25" pipe for the whole engine (at least for my 66 429, not completely sure about the later models.)

48Austin

Reaction score
Chicken.

48Austin

Reaction score
It appears that the oiling problems are a ghost. If the rpm is kept to 6gs or below. I'm sure that this short block has a blue printed pump, CadCo cam bearings. But it has been tested with a bunch of different combos so far with no failures. And in the 5500 to 6000 range. Maybe many more full pulls than any of us would do in a season of racing.

48Austin

Reaction score
Does this mean we can all sell our 500's for BIG CASH and pick up 472' for peanuts?

5one9

Reaction score
Anytime a wife gives the go ahead, I consider it a sign from Above!! :notworthy:

Best,

bro. "humble servant," d

(Relocate the power steering pump?)
She’s exceptional alright. I’ll mull it over while I’m working on the budget 500 for the ‘57. Boost on the Malibu means no boost on the ‘57.........

PSYKO_Inc

Reaction score
¿Por què no los dos?

Psychoholic

Reaction score
72 Miller Meteor
That is not a typical wife response.....Does your wife have a large life insurance policy on you by chance?
I must have a super a-typical wife too then. She's totally supportive of most of my really dumb ideas as long as they make me happy but she is absolutely tired of hearing me talk about Richard Holdender this week.