Re Plumbed

nosgood

Reaction score
Geez, $16.70 is what a bag of Cheez-its costs in the hospital vending machine here!

Glad you're back on it man. Just in time for the good cruising weather too!

Darius

Reaction score
Hear be your eye chart. Start memorizing.
Ciao,
Mario
View attachment 23512
NOT to hijack Peter's thread - but to keep the topic of driver's licenses together - I DID ace that eye test at the DMV, and did so without glasses!!

Jus sayin! Thanks bro. Mario. (I wonder if that examiner is still laughing.)

d

peter phillips

Reaction score
I be cool. Saw my cardiologist last week. I'm fine. Next visit to him is one year.
Had my carotids checked by ultrasound and they are normal. I fear stroke.
Had my eyes checked. No cataracts, no macular degeneration.
Today I completed week 5 of Cardio rehab, a 12 week course. They wanted me to walk a mile under 17 minutes by week 12.Today I did it in 15:43. Don't challenge an old racer.
My BMI is ideal and my belly is under the size limit.
Plus the weather is so good I took the Ventura to rehab. Whooo hoooo.
Life is good.
Peter

Darius

Reaction score
Well Done!! It's a great feeling when those text results are good.

d

peter phillips

Reaction score
It's been almost 16 months since the heart attack. Time for an update. Two days ago I went to my cardiologist. I aced everything plus he took me off the blood thinners. Hallelujah.
Two months ago I had a bunch of tests from the ribs down. Just for fun. Ultrasound first found nothing. Xrays next, found nothing. Then the good one ,a CT scan, and it found no abnormalities of any kind. Here you get a complete written report on a CT scan. No need now for a colonoscopy.
Then just to check the bladder and prostate we did a cystoscopy. Yup , a dick cam by the dick doc. It hurt. According to the dick doc I have remarkably well preserved architecture. Not sure what he meant.
So I'm fine. I consider myself one lucky bastard.
Peter IMG_20180828_135616_edit.jpg

Last edited:

Darius

Reaction score
It's been almost 16 months since the heart attack. Time for an update. Two days ago I went to my cardiologist. I aced everything plus he took me off the blood thinners. Hallelujah.
Two months ago I had a bunch of tests from the ribs down. Just for fun. Ultrasound first found nothing. Xrays next, found nothing. Then the good one ,a CT scan, and it found no abnormalities of any kind. Here you get a complete written report on a CT scan. No need now for a colonoscopy.
Then just to check the bladder and prostate we did a cystoscopy. Yup , a dick cam by the dick doc. It hurt. According to the dick doc I have remarkably well preserved architecture. Not sure what he meant.
So I'm fine. I consider myself one lucky bastard.
Peter View attachment 24561
Way to go Peter!!! Nice report - and no doubt you're glad to be off the blood thinners. I hate those damned things, especially the finger pricks to tell how its going!:(

Recently, I've been having all of those studies, and then some, except - for the cystoscopy. At my age its, "All Old Stock," with no doubts about the future. :sleep:

Best,

bro. d

Darius

Reaction score
Hello Peter,

Glancing though some old threads I came across this one and noted the amount of time that has lapsed. It has been approximately 2 years and 2 months since your heart event so I just wanted to check in with you.

Trusting that all is well, including the beautiful car!

bro. d

peter phillips

Reaction score
Hello Peter,

Glancing though some old threads I came across this one and noted the amount of time that has lapsed. It has been approximately 2 years and 2 months since your heart event so I just wanted to check in with you.

Trusting that all is well, including the beautiful car!

bro. d
Hello Darius. Thank you for caring. I cruise the forum once in a while but really haven't had much to say.
However. I am well. Exceptionally well. Évery day I remark to myself or anyone who will listen how fortunate I am. And in so many ways.
My heart attack is a distant memory. Not a whisper twinge or wiggle. I take my medication for bp every day like I should and do so happily.
I have not touched a single cigarette since that day. It's not been easy. There have been major cravings every day and I fight them off. My lungs are incredible in recovery from 60 years of smoking. There are no issues with them. Tests have had doctors and techs amazed. Lungs of a 40 year old non smoker.
I have put on weight though. I'm up at 205 lbs now but I'm 6ft 2 so it's OK. The ladies have noticed that plus my rosy red cheeks. I have to fight them off. Haha.
My family are all well.
I have lost a friend or two but that makes me realize too how fortunate I am. What's the saying "there but for the grace of God go I "
The Pontiac is running well, gets lots of attention on the street and at shows. Every once in a while I scare myself with it or piss someone off.
So life's good.
Thank you for asking.
I trust you are well.
Peter