Possible problems running oversize valves, 472 peanut relief pistons, MTS #15, Potter rockers.

DevilDeVille

Reaction score
Some updates. Got the ignition sorted, 35 total at this point with 25 initial :) Took adjustable MSD rotor to get the phasing right. 8" dual diaphragm booster is still not up to the task, partly because contrary to advertised text, that MTS#15 makes enough vacuum to run power brakes, it really does not. Will go with 9" dual and electric vacuum pump cuz i dont like Hydroboost for no particular reason. Another development is, that i need to throw in a 2400 stall converter, in order to be able to drive in city traffic. Idle @950 means, that my current converter hooks right up and engine wants to die. Advertised operational rpm-s being between 1500 and 5000. So i decided to go with B&M Nitrous Holeshot 2400 and because i do not have too much confidence in ancient stock flexplate, went with Hays 14-010 Cadillac specific SFI approved one. The only setback being, it does not exist in Europe so i will have to wait another 3-4 weeks for it to be delivered. Well, time does not matter much anyway nowadays ;)

Last edited:

5one9

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
2007 Magnum SRT8, 1957 F100
That should be a great converter. I have the TCI version in mine a I really like it. It does flash to 2900rpm. The flexplate that’s installed in my car looks the same as the Hays picture on their website. The mini starter only engages 1/2 of the depth of the teeth. I bought a PEP SFI plate to install this winter when I fix my rear main seal. The offset on it measures the same as the stock plate.

thanks for your update post