PM history before upgrade is unlinked

Member 3508

Reaction score
I was trying to find a number i had discussed with a member in PM around 2012 and i was having a hard time navigating the PM history.

I realized all the "conversations" have been unlinked. Meaning, every "TO" and "FROM" message is its own message. Not the "thread", but every single "post" within the thread, both To and From, are an individual messages in my inbox.

So if i talked to Darius about how awesome his Studebaker build was, and i sent him 4 messages, and he sent back 3 replies, instead of that exchange being one message in my inbox that i can open and scroll through, its now 7 messages.

PM's after the upgrade are fine, they appear as a thread that i can scroll through. Any way to fix the old ones?

Fleetwood Fanatic

Cadillac Fanatic
Reaction score
Hmm. Very interesting. I don't have any PM's from the old system so I have to try and imagine what you're saying here. I don't know of any way to combine those old messages into topic specific discussions. It does sound like it's an annoying issue for old conversations but I think it's an sacrifice we'll need to make moving forward. I'll do some digging to see if there's a way to bring them back together but from my experience working with databases I think it's very unlikely...

Member 3508

Reaction score
If thats the case, is there a way to search keywords in private message land?