Other projects you're working on.

DevilDeVille

Reaction score
The seats are finally in. Seatback moves up on some industrial grade drawer slides and former 200 litre diesel tank now goes for glovebox (since we aint got one in the dashboard).

Bytheway, NATster now moves under its own power, since brakes and pedals are connected and we managed to produce some sort of gear linkage as well :)

Bigtim44

Reaction score
Quick update on our escapades with the 2008 Dodge diesel pickup, with the latest compound turbo setup we managed 16 runs down the the salt flats at speedweek, 8 runs over 200mph , 4 records, 3 new 200mph club members.one of the best Speedweek we have had to date.
Still have the original Salty Box 1931 model A that ran caddy motors for a long time.
_mg_0343.jpg

Darius

Reaction score
Congratulations for all of the great successes! Special props to the three new 200MPH club members.

Best,

bro. d

bugzaper

Reaction score
Fastest I've been in a car was 168 mph and that took extreme concentration, 200 that is fantastic!

Mike P

Reaction score
It's been a while but I thought I post a quick update. e 37 Dodge pickup is finally on the road. I've been driving it for a week now

37 Road test by M Patterson, on Flickr

The current project is helping my 15 year old grandson get his first car on the road. We're freshening up a 74 Mustang II coupe with a 2.3 4 Banger and 4 speed for when he gets his license.

washed by M Patterson, on Flickr

El Diablo

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
1959 Cadillac Sedan deVille
IMG_20171001_091258.jpg Just finished up my 1st V-8 trike. I built it for my dad because he has bad knees and can't hold up a heavy 2 wheel motorcycle. Nothing really special here, just a 400 SBC / TH-350 / 3:50 r&p 9" combo. Now that I know what to do, I plan on building another one for myself and use it as shop advertisement. Only difference is I want to use a 377 SBC / Powerglide.

El Diablo

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
1959 Cadillac Sedan deVille
That trike is PURDY!! Nice work!

d
Thank you sir. My dad wanted to call it a Hell Cat, after the WW2 era Grumman fighter plane. Of course the millennials think he stole the name from the Dodge Charger & Challenger. We both just laugh when we hear those comments.

53 Studillac

Reaction score
Well I've been busy renewing my dually, a 2005 w/244k miles that I purchased when new. She was showing her age but stil runs great and I just didn't want a new truck payment.
A fresh all over paint job did wonders, 19.5 wheels with Toyo rubber and air pressure sensors, exhaust and front suspension work, and a 60 gallon fuel tank makes it good as new!
I also lowered the rear a couple inches. Heck I think it looks better than new! The interior is still in great shape so I'm good for another couple hundred k.

Attachments

53 Studillac

Reaction score
We also drug out one of my dad's old trucks, a 1952 Studebaker. We've already installed a 259 Studebaker V8 with an S-10 5 speed and AC. Now I'm looking into a narrowed Crown Vic front suspension and a 9" pulled from the original Studillac to get good brakes and handling. This will be a daily driver/shop truck just for a change in scenery and so I can baby the Dodge some.

Attachments

53 Studillac

Reaction score
And finally I purchased a car from my bucket list. The only problem is it's too nice! I envision a blown LS/6 sp combo, but with original paint and 29k miles I am having
second thoughts on modifying the car. She's an 81 TA, t-tops adn 4 speed! The only engine available with the manual tranny in 80-81 was the corporate 305 so Chevy
powertrains are easy bolt-ins. I may part with it and find one that's slightly molested. It looks new underneath also as it has been a garage queen it's entire life. Being on
"the list" I just could nto pass it up... Livin' the dream, well mostly working.

Attachments

mario

Reaction score
Dwayne:
That studie truck is very kool. Those always have a place in my heart. Talk about art deco, very simple and yet so strong looking and purposeful.
Ciao,
mario

53 Studillac

Reaction score
mario,

Mom pulled me across the field from dad's shop to mine with me driving the Stude truck. It was the first time I had been behind the wheel of that
truck in several years, but it was so familiar it was eerie. I grew up with Dad having a Studebaker truck. There's just something about the view across
that round hood and emblem that takes me back. Good times.

Here's a couple pics of Dad's 50 truck he restored from the ground up, all original 6 cyl with 3 speed OD.

Dwayne

Attachments

Darius

Reaction score
Cars or trucks - Studebakers have a certain style quality about them.

Your Dad has good taste!

Best,

bro. d