Newbie with a 1962 390???

charles hines

Reaction score
Confession,I'm a boat guy,not a car guy.How does that relate? I am restoring a 1954 Chris Craft Holiday that has a Cal Connell conversion engine.The engine is a 1962 390 out of a Eldorado and is an original tri power engine.The parts are all correct for the motor and include all 3 carbs,manifold etc.Cal Connell was a local Cadillac dealer back in the day and developed a conversion kit to pop Cadillac V8's into wood boats.He eventually sold engine packages to crusader Marine and ChrisCraft.Anyhow,my question is regarding the value of the tri power setup and manifold.Is this worth selling and perhaps going to a single 4bbl as a more reliable setup?Would the original numbers matching complete running condition motor have value as a unit? Thanks-Chuck.

Cad Man

Reaction score
Without a doubt. But this forum is just about dead you should have better luck on other old Caddy sites...

They didnt make a whole lot of tri power cars..

You can have the carbs rebuilt ir get new ones.. it will make more power than a 4bbl not to mention the COOL factor

kzhurley

Reaction score
Mid-century cadillacs forum would be able to give you a better idea..

Fwiw, my 56 cad 365 had 2x4 intake and Carter wcfb carbs on it and I was able to sell it for what I paid for the car when I swapped the 500 in.