my poor dead engine

5one9

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
2007 Magnum SRT8, 1957 F100
I did do a test run on the car. When I drove around at 30-35 mph it stayed at 183-186. Then at 45-60mph it stayed at 195 for about 45 minutes.After that it slowly climbed up to 200* .When I slowed down to 30 again it started going back dow to190 or so. Hoping to get that down some more with a better timing curve.
As far as the timing with the sniper I havn't a clue yet. I did notice that when steady driving(cruise area) the timing didnt advance above 21*. But when I slowly pushed on the pedal to get a little more speed the timing would advance all the way up to 25* to 38* but as soon as I leveled off it goes back to 21*. I can change things on the spark and fuel and the spark shows advancing at 1400 rpm, (on the laptop software)but I am missing something. Hate to try too much and wipe out what is working now. Can only read so much before My eyes blur.
Where's that beer at?
Richard richie49
Man you're moving in the right direction.

Darius

Reaction score
I did do a test run on the car. When I drove around at 30-35 mph it stayed at 183-186. Then at 45-60mph it stayed at 195 for about 45 minutes.After that it slowly climbed up to 200* .When I slowed down to 30 again it started going back dow to190 or so. Hoping to get that down some more with a better timing curve.
As far as the timing with the sniper I havn't a clue yet. I did notice that when steady driving(cruise area) the timing didnt advance above 21*. But when I slowly pushed on the pedal to get a little more speed the timing would advance all the way up to 25* to 38* but as soon as I leveled off it goes back to 21*. I can change things on the spark and fuel and the spark shows advancing at 1400 rpm, (on the laptop software)but I am missing something. Hate to try too much and wipe out what is working now. Can only read so much before My eyes blur.
Where's that beer at?
Richard richie49
Happy to hear that those high temperatures you were experiencing are now history. I suspect you are right about temperatures getting even lower, and more stable, when the timing advance get further sorted out. Speaking of which, I read through the "instructions" on that Sniper and it has some neat capacity. It will take you getting comfortable with the "timing map" which is much like a "fuel map" but you've come this far and I have no doubts you can make it through this last step. (Hey, I can't remember the details of the Sniper but most systems have a place to "store" your tune. That puts things in a safe place while you dink around trying different timing/fuel maps. If a new tune doesn't work, you simply reinstall the saved tune!)

Good On Ya!!

bro. d

Last edited:

richie49

Reaction score
Darius
Sure hope so.The temps are much better. AND the fan is fantastic, thanks again on that! I still have some stuff to do on the front of the car to direct air flow and make it look better since I cut the front open some more.(under the bumper.Just cound't cut a grill into the front and lose the corvair look). Also on the 400 kickdown switch ,I wired up the a/c kickout which is supposed to turn off the a/c when running high RPM.It now supplies current to the trans and works great.I can set it to come on at any tps setting,right now it's at 65%,may go to 55-60%
Richard richie49