MTS #15 cam "card" paper

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Cadillacs R Us, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Cadillacs R Us

Cadillacs R Us Active Member

Looking for the cam info paper. I had this cam on shelf a number of years and I believe the it got oiled up and it fragmented......it's gone. If anyone has the info and scans it.....it would be great.....would like see the whole paper.

this is all the info that I have left...MT#15 94-000-5
    grind 5445/5208 H110
    lift:555 in......555 ex I believe with 1.7 rockers
    duration @ .006 273 in....290 ex
    duration @ .050 230 in....236 ex
    lobe .327 lobe separation 110.....missing the cam timing

2. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

3. Cadillac Kid 1

Cadillac Kid 1 Well-Known Member

Ron
    That number (94-000-5) would seem to indicate it was a Comp Cams Cadillac grind. The 5445/5208 would be the identifiers for the lobes. Perhaps Comp cams can help you out. I put the available info into my "Dyno sim" and this is what it spit out.
    Greg Surfas Screenshot (60).png

4. Cadillacs R Us

WOW....thanks fellas.......I want to print that out, but my new printer don't work. Something about downloading win 7 drivers. Don't have any 10 yr old neighbors to work this out for me. lol

again....thanks a bunch fellas!

5. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

Ron,

You really did cause me to laugh out loud with the 10 year old neighbor comment. How true!!

Nice to know that I'm not the only technology challenged individual around here.

Cadillacs R Us,

Great find!!!

See, that's why this joint is important. On this forum we can help one another with our little problems, well maybe not the personal 'little problems', but the car ones!

Best

6. Cadillacs R Us

I'm still looking for the ten year old.....I thought I had my printer up and running. I tried to print gregs graph....it won't highlight to print and comp cams web sight didn't have any idea what 94-000-5 is.lol

So I wrote down the info with pen and paper......the end of my electronic limitations haha!

Ron

7. Cadillac Kid 1

Cadillac Kid 1 Well-Known Member

Ron,
    Had a similar issue with Lunati. They seem to not know anything about the cams they ground for MTS.
    Greg Surfas

PJ McCoy likes this.
  8. Cadillacs R Us

Ha! so much for Lunati.....have their 71969-16 hydraulics in engine and ran it on engine stand. Never ran right.....checked it out and one lifter plunger was hung up. Need my ass kicked for me not checking everything completely. Took out lifter and the plunger had burrs . Called Lunati and they wouldn't send a new one unless I paid $20 some dollars.....I said I would stone off the edge.......he said it would seal OK. I said so much for their Quality Control. He said they aren't made at his place. They are made somewhere else. He didn't seem to know much about what they sell.

The top of that one hydraulic lifter had groves it....and still wouldn't stand behind the product.

I asked it they are American made....he said they were. lol

Talked to Chris at CMD and he said all lifters are made in China with the bleed holes larger than normal except CMD and Isky, I think he said........and my Lunati hydraulic lifters were bleeding off quicker than normal.

Ron

9. PJ McCoy

PJ McCoy Well-Known Member

Ron, thats crazy. Did they happen to say what size hole the bleeder needed to be? If the orifice size is larger everyone could be seeing issues soon enough. I have a set of lifters (New) from Melling. I thought Melling were made in North America. Maybe they were but since made in Phillipines or somewhere.

10. Cadillacs R Us

I still want the original cam card paper......Hey Darius, called comp cams and gave them your info 5445/5208 H110 +4. He tells me that....it is a ford cam. Probably is....just a grind number. The picture don't look like a Cady cam...and besides it's a roller.

So I give him the 94-000-5 and he says that means it's a custom grind and has no record of it unless I take the cam out of the engine and give him the number on the back of cam....He just made my day.
    At this point I don't trust the info unless I can see the cam sheet. Sorry.....Thanks anyway guys for trying...

Just a thought! Is MTS still in business.........

Ron

11. 5one9

5one9 Active Member

What vehicle(s) do you drive?:
    2007 Magnum SRT8, 1957 F100
    MTS is Cadillac High Performance

12. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

Nothing like a good old run-around, is there?

Sorry you are having the typical attitude of, "I really don't give a sh-t what you want--if you don't have MORE money in your hands."