Mechanical drawings /cyl head

gordon

Reaction score
Any of you guys have access to mechanical drawings showing the location of cyl head bolt/stud holes and alignment dowel holes ? Other machined dimensions (valve centers would help also) of the head would be nice but this will get me started.

53 Studillac

Reaction score
I do not. I have a Boogieman head intake gasket drawn but not actual head dims. Probably have to grab a head and go to measuring! Want to do your own rockers?

gordon

Reaction score
I have to do more corrective machine work to these heads. I am very disappointed in the quality control issues. I think most of it is due to the fact that the machine work on these heads is contracted out. Cad 500 most likely don't measure and check the work before shipping them out. I have almost 50 yrs. experience of race engine machining and building, and I learn something new everyday. When I see a problem I usually know what caused it right away. I will repair these and move forward. I do know of some one that might be interested in producing a rocker arm set up for this specific head. I will be talking with them in near future. On the other hand even with the disappointment I am glad these heads are produced .

53 Studillac

Reaction score
I saw where you had purchased Boogieman heads. I had lots of issues with mine and had hoped the problems had been worked out by now. Hate to hear the quality isn’t top notch. It’s difficult enough to build one of these engines.

Last edited:

gordon

Reaction score
Very challenging indeed. I already have addressed the intake port face issue with the heads, now I have to correct the dowel pin hole locations. They were not even close and way oversize. Looked like they were drilled using a broken drill bit in a drill press with bad spindle bearings. I will ream them, plug them , then drill and ream to correct size and location to fit standard block dowels. At least one head stud hole on each head needs to be spot faced. On a Cadillac head the angle of the intake port face is supposed to be 90* to the deck. Mine were off to were there was a .062" gap at the bottom . If some one where to bolt on an intake manifold they would have a massive vacuum leak and probably be sucking oil into port from lifter valley. I have seen this many times on manifold swaps. I have no desire to call and attempt to get warranty issues handled. The shipping and time involved even if they agreed to send me a set of correctly machined heads puts me off. Any how I am going to finish the corrections make notes and post on here for others that might use the info. When I was racing full time I won many races and several championships I never held back info or help to others . Many were customers of mine some were not. I made money from the shop not so very much from the racing prize money. When they won I won. I will shut up and go back to my corner now.