Kwikcad500 magazine article

A

Anonymous

Not sure if these are gonna be readable, but i'm trying anyway. For those who are interested, this is the best i can do for now

cooke

Reaction score
Congrats!! Kind of nice to get some ink after all the "blood,sweat, & tears", huh ? Hope the next time it's with a 10.50 dial-in. Good job, Cooke.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the words guys, wish it was more readable. If i can fix it i will, you can barely read it     :banghead: :weeping:

A

Anonymous

Congrats Shawn! Looks like a pretty large write up.

I wanted to get a copy of it so I went to the mall earlier today and Borders didn't have it, I'm hoping to find it somewhere local. Then again maybe I can find one online, whos the publisher?

Kurt

A

Anonymous

Hurricane Kurt said:
Congrats Shawn! Looks like a pretty large write up.

I wanted to get a copy of it so I went to the mall earlier today and Borders didn't have it, I'm hoping to find it somewhere local. Then again maybe I can find one online, whos the publisher?

Kurt

Hope this helps...........    Street Shootout Magazine / www.streetshootoutmag.com   

cadillac512

Reaction score
  Shawn,way to go! :thumbup: It sure is nice to be represented by you in a publication like that-maybe some folks will go Hmmmm...  :scratchchin:. Good luck with this season's plans. :yes:
  Terry

Wasted

Reaction score
THIS IS SO FAR WHAT I HAVE DECODED IN THE PICTURE. BUT RIGHT NOW IM CROSS EYED FROM CONCENTRATING SO I WILL TRY AND GET THE REST LATER.LOL.

P.S. THIS IS 95% OF THE FIRST PIC
                                                                                                                                                                                                            WE'VE ALL SEEN SOMETHING THAT STANDS OUT FROM THE CROWD.YOU KNOW SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE NOTICE OF.OF COURSE MOST OF US KNOW THAT AT ANY GIVEN FAST DOOR SLAMMER DRAG RACE ALMOST EVERY PIECE OF MACHINERY ON THE PROPERTY STANDS OUT FROM THE CROWD.

MY APPRECIATION FOR THIS SPORT IN IT'S PURIST FORM TELLS ME THAT SOMETHING SPECIAL DOESN'T NECESSARLIY HAVE TO BE A SIX SECOND PRO-OUTLAW OR A CAR THAT'S ON IT'S BUMPER EVERY PASS.
DON'T GET ME WRONG THESE THING'S ARE ALL GREAT BUT THERE'S ALSO MUCH TO BE SAID FOR THE "ODD" OR "SOMEWHAT OUT OF PLACE"."THE SLEEPER" PARTICULARY WHEN THE PERFORMANCE OF SUCH A MACHINE LEAVES YOU WITH THAT FEELING OF "WOW" DID I JUST SEE THAT.

IT WAS THE 1978 CADILLAC COUPE DEVILLE OF LAKEWOOD,OHIO'S SHAWN GILBERT THAT DID JUST THAT DURING THE 2004 NSCA WORLD FINALS IN COLUMBUS OHIO.YES THE PITS WERE FILLED WITH OVER TWO HUNDERED OUTSTANDING MACHINES AND I AM BY NO MEANS A CADILLAC GUY.BUT WHEN YOUR WATCHING A RACE UNFOLD AND THIS BEHEMOTH OF A MACHINE RACING IN OF ALL THINGS,AMERICAN MUSCLE COMES TO THE LINE THROUGH A "BEAUTIFUL SMOKEY BURNOUT". STAGES,THEN THROWS A FEW EXTRA THOUSAND POUNDS OVER THE REAR AXLES AS THE WEIGHT TRANSFERS ON THE LAUNCH AND CONTINUSES TO RIP OFF 11.27 ELAPSED TIMES,YOU JUST HAVE TO FIND OUT MORE.

YOU GUESSED IT OUR FIRST QUESTION, AND ADMITIEDLY THE FIRST QUESTION MOST ASKED OF SHAWN "IS THIS THING POWERED BY A CADDY MOTOR?". THE ANSWER. YES!.NATURALLY THE SECOND QUESTION IS "WHAT TYPE OF POWER ADDER HELPS THIS BIG BODIED MACHINE PERFORM SO WELL".NONE!.

WHAT POSSES SOMEONE TO UNDERTAKE SUCH A MONUMENTAL TASK?.WE ALL KNOW RULE NUMBER#1 IN HOW TO GO FAST 101.A BETER POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO RELATES INTO QUICKER FASTER E.T.'S.THAT MEANS MORE POWER AND LESS WEIGHT.THIS IS OBVISOULY ONE RULE THAT SHAWN TO SOME EXTENT CHOSE TO IGNORE IN HIS QUEST TO HAVE ONE BAD CADILLAC.

I BOUGHT IT IN SPRING OF 2001 FOR $500 FROM AN OLDER GENTLEMAN IN BRUNSWICK OHIO.THE CAR WAS OBVISOULY WELL KEPT,STORRED WINTERS AND HAD 154,000 MILES ON THE ODOMETER.SHAWN GOES ON TO EXPLAIN.I STARTED RACING THE CAR THAT YEAR AFTER YANKING THE ORIGINAL 425 AND DROPPING IN A STOCK 500 CUBIC INCH CADILLAC ENGINE FROM A DONER 75 SEDAN DEVILLE. I RAN 13.20'S  WITH 3.42 GEARS AND POSI ON BFG DRAG RADIALS, THROUGH THE EXHAUST.IT HAS PROGRESSED OVER THE YEARS IN A QUEST TO GO FASTER.     

THE CADDY USUALLY SEE'S DIVISON 1 MODIFIED RACING.BUT LAST YEAR SHAWN  DECIDED TO GIVE THE NSCA AMERICAN MUSCLE CLASS A TRY.WITH 16 YEARS OF RACING UNDER HIS BELT.SHAWN TELLS US  I REALLY FEEL THAT DRAG RACING IS IN MY BLOOD AND IT'S WHAT I LOVE TO DO.WHEN I CAN FIND THE TIME I ACTUALLY DRIVE THE CAR ON THE STREET HERE AND THERE TO CAR SHOWS AND STUFF.IT ACTS AS A CONVERSATION STARTER WHERE EVER I TAKE IT AND IT'S GREAT NOT HAVING JUST ANOTHER CAMARO AT THE TRACK.I LOVE MY COUPE DEVILLE.

randydupree

Reaction score
good job! most of what we do is all ego,so getting into a mag. is the big payoff to me! randy

Vern

Reaction score
Great job shawn!  Also thanks for the link as I was not familiar with the magazine. 

Cadillacs R Us

Reaction score
      Thats great Shawn-------I'll bet  there will be more articles this year and the jaws will drop when you hit  the tens :yikes:      Ron

cadiwumpas

Reaction score
    AAArrrgghh! :banghead: :banghead:  SUCH a tease! Ow,my eyes :tired: :tired: :tired:

Two weeks till I can get my hands on a buds copy. :drool: :drool: :drool: at which time I'll quietly confiscate.
But two more weeks really  :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:.

Anyhow good job Shawn. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Cadillacs R Us said:
       Thats great Shawn-------I'll bet  there will be more articles this year and the jaws will drop when you hit  the tens :yikes:       Ron

If it runs 10's, we'll see what it runs. Thats my goal at least. Thanks guys  :)