Just checking in.

Discussion in 'Off Topic, B.S., Lounge' started by Mike P, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Mike P

Mike P Member

Hi guys, been a while since I've stopped by. I had surgery on my right wrist about 6 weeks ago (carpal tunnel and removal of one of the wrist bones), and am just am just able to start using the keyboard again.

The El Camino has about 85,000 miles on it now and the old 500 just keeps rolling along.....good thing too as it's the only thing I've got with power steering and an automatic that I can drive right now!!!!

Other than a spat of worn out parts around 60-70K (water pump, fuel pump, pickup coil, alternator, starter and flex plate.....all of which were new/rebuilt when I put the truck together) it's really been trouble free and still a ton of fun to drive.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Red98422 and Monzallac 425 like this.
  2. Red98422

Red98422 Active Member

Holy shit Welcome back! I didn’t know you were part of this fourm!

I remember reading one of your build thread on the Elco years ago! That was one of the first times I heard about these engine.

Sorry to hear about your wrists, that shit isn’t any fun while you are recovering, but you should heal up and be back at it Soon (my old lady had the same surgery)

3. Monzallac 425

Monzallac 425 Active Member

Welcome back, broke mine at age 42, ( fell off a loading dock backwards , did that cat thing in the air , landed on the ground with all my weight on my left arm) lost 20% flexibility in that wrist.

Had that plastic bar attached to my arm and hand ( like Billy Joel had) and pins in the broken piece for 6 months.

No Fun , wrist still locks up on me if over use that hand.

My sister had that carpel tunnel surgery after when she was doing sign language too much and over used her wrist, still does sign language to this day , years latter.

Doug in P.R.:cool:

4. Mike P

Mike P Member

Thanks Red. The El Camino has been a good truck and still turns heads even though the paint is starting to show it's age a bit.

Man Doug that fall you took makes my wrist ache just thinking about it. I've been following the doctors' orders, not pushing it and doing the physical therapy but not being able to do anything in the shop gets old after a while.

I purposely held off on the surgery till Jan so the majority of the healing would be over the "colder" months.......it's a lot easier for to sit in the house than when it's nice and warm outside and I fell like there is a million things I should be doing. There is currently about 8" of white stuff on the ground right now and it's about 20 degrees right now .........don't mind being inside at all!

I sure don't remember the travel brochures saying anything about this :crap: when I moved to Arizona though :eek:

Red98422 likes this.
  5. Monzallac 425

40 inches in Flagstaff last Wednesday, almost 2 in Tucson.

Lived in the open desert about 55 Northwest of Phoenix for 12 years, only snow I saw was on the mountains north of our town.

Usually it was below 32* for 3 days in a row every year.

This year has been real different over there.:ninja:

6. El Diablo

El Diablo Active Member

What vehicle(s) do you drive?:
    1959 Cadillac Sedan deVille
    Doug, believe it or not, there is snow in the mountains just south of Gila Bend and just outside of Casa Grande. Its been in the low 30s over night here in Yuma were I live.

Monzallac 425 likes this.
  7. Monzallac 425

Maybe a cool summer is in store for you AZ members.:thumbup: