It's finally going together.......finally.

5one9

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
2007 Magnum SRT8, 1957 F100
No. I was running a PCV valve the first time around.

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
Cam is a hydraulic roller with 0.608"/0.608", 237/245@0.050", and 109LSA advanced to 104. I'd like to go significantly bigger but I just can't stand to lose the manners that this car has.

On a down note, after all of that work pulling the engine to fix the rear pan seal, I used Right Stuff instead of a rear seal. Everything went together flawlessly. Put her back in and went for a ride and it leaks just as bad from the exact same location. I can see the oil seeping between the pan and the Right Stuff. I didn't like the consistency of that stuff when I applied it and I should have just used Ultra Black like I did on the intake. The Right Stuff seems more like a foam than it does a silicone. And the stuff isn't cheap at all. I have yet to get the rear of this custom pan to seal. I am about to use a stock Eldorado pan or buy the $500 aluminum pan. One helluva thing to have to do to fix a leak but I'm fed up with pulling the engine for this reason. The pan is coated with zinc or cadmium or something. I scuffed it good and everything was cleaned two or three times with brake cleaner. ridiculous really
Man I feel your pain. I've chased just about everything and fixed nothing but hey, its hotrodding right. We do in a day what most can't do in a week. Keep your spirits up! By that I mean Jack, Lord or Crown. Lol. Really, you have a wonderful build and I wish I had the talent to out a machine together like you have. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
PJ

5one9

Reaction score
2 hours and 58 minutes to get it unbolted and on an engine stand.
3 hours and 20 minutes to get it all bolted back in.

And it looks like I finally have that rear leak fixed. I also have something else interesting going on. When I 'fixed' the rear seal last week and I was putting coolant back in it, I was burping the engine by pressing down on the cup of the thermostat just enough to release the air. Once it was back together and I went for a drive, the temperature was the normal 192-195 as I drove along and a little over 200 idling. But the rear main was leaking as bad as before and I pulled the engine again on Tuesday. Today when I was taking it for the first cruise after 're-fixing' it, I notice that it warmed up slow and wouldn't go past 178 for any reason. Cruising along was 172.

If I have damaged the thermostat then obviously the engine likes it. I'll pull the thermostat in the morning to see what's up and post an update.

Oh, I also took Greg's advice and opened up the bottom rear of the inner fenders to let some air out. I'll check the thermostat first and maybe even leave it out for a while to see what happens.

Cadillac Kid 1

Reaction score
You've got the "Gozinta" and the Gozouta". With no Gozouta you have less Gozinta. Besides probably a decrease in outside air temperature you are getting more ait through the radiator.
Greg Surfas

5one9

Reaction score
So I destroyed the thermostat and it as stuck open. I took it out and drove about 30 miles through the country today. It’s about 75 degrees here. The car took about 2 miles to get to 130 and some in town stop and go to get past 170. The hottest it ever got was 182 lugging around in 2nd gear at 20mph for about 3 or 4 miles. It went back below 180 once back up to 55mph. I’ve obviously got all the cooling I need. I ordered a 160 and 180 stat from Rockauto last night. My temp sending unit is in my upper hose which should be worst case scenario.

oh, and my oil leak is 100% fixed!
95F1225C-9CC5-4D5C-BEA5-FCE8FBA39209.jpeg

5one9

Reaction score
I got the 20x10s put on the rear with the Nittos. It got the tread flattened out MUCH better that the 20x8s. Dang she hooks good on the street.

I also put the stock springs back in the rear and the stock spindles back on the front. Annnnnnd the rear pan seal hasn't leaked a drop in the 300 miles I've put on it in the last week.

IMG_4797.jpg

Darius

Reaction score
5one9,

Remind me Not to get suckered into a "friendly little speed contest" with you.

Looks nice! Your take it down and put it back together times are a feat unto themselves.

bro. "forewarned, is forearmed," d