Intakes , intakes and more intakes

blue68deville

Reaction score
Slick setup, what are you going to use to run the TBIs?
EBL flash, megasquirt, Moates??

kzhurley

Reaction score
blue68deville said:
Slick setup, what are you going to use to run the TBIs?
EBL flash, megasquirt, Moates??
Megasquirt 2 v3.0.

onebadpig

Reaction score
This one shows promise on the bench but has the problem of being an adapted 460 with port match problems
Hey Carlo, did you ever do anything more with this Ford 460 Torker II intake and adapter plate setup?

jwsunup

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
24 model T roadster p/u with 500/ t350 jag irs
Dual quad intake that I picked up from a member on here(thanks again jwsunup).. In process of converting it to run dual 454 tbi units run by megasquirt ecm.
Hey, KZ... how'd that manifold work out for you with that small plenum/ balance set up and the short runners? I've moved to Texas, been flooded by Harvey, rebuilt the house and finally got my little shop up and running since you bought this. Unfortunately, the money to build the big shop went into rebuilding the house but we're ready now to start building again...

48Austin

Safty First! Then pull the trigger!
Reaction score
1964 Commercial, 1948 Austin, 58 Pan
I have solved the whole issue! FORCED INDUCTION!! Don't need a sophisticated manifold design. Chinese turbos are all over the place in scrap yards! It becomes a big problem with roots type blowers. That's where the money comes in. But if you want it under the hood. Turbos!!

Darius

Reaction score
I have solved the whole issue! FORCED INDUCTION!![/B] Don't need a sophisticated manifold design. Chinese turbos are all over the place in scrap yards! It becomes a big problem with roots type blowers. That's where the money comes in. But if you want it under the hood. Turbos!!
A man after my own heart!!! Forced Induction!!

"Hair Dryer" forever!! :sneaky::sneaky:

bro. d

Darius

Reaction score
LOL !!

Too true!!

Hairless d

pila78

Reaction score
Question ::: I have a 1 inch spacer under my Q-jet. The stock manifold center divider is cut down some also. I'm wondering if the spacer was a good idea, or not ?? Added plenum a good idea, or not ??

El Diablo

Reaction score
1959 Cadillac Sedan deVille
Question ::: I have a 1 inch spacer under my Q-jet. The stock manifold center divider is cut down some also. I'm wondering if the spacer was a good idea, or not ?? Added plenum a good idea, or not ??
If you have the room under your hood and as long as the extra gasket needed to run a spacer is not leaking, then its usually a good addition to your engine. The added plenum volume is usually good for an extra pony or two at the expense of a tiny loss of throttle response and vacuum signal.

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
If you have the room under your hood and as long as the extra gasket needed to run a spacer is not leaking, then its usually a good addition to your engine. The added plenum volume is usually good for an extra pony or two at the expense of a tiny loss of throttle response and vacuum signal.
Yes as much as 1.5 but 2 and over is a waste if stock. From what Ive read. Not from experience.
PJ

Darius

Reaction score
Yes as much as 1.5 but 2 and over is a waste if stock. From what Ive read. Not from experience.
PJ
OH!! You're talking about carb spacers. Whew, I was starting to worry about you there, young man. :devil:

(Thanks for teeing that up for me PJ)

bro. d

pila78

Reaction score
Yeah, 1 inch spacer that I mad on the Bridgeport mill, from a 1 inch chunk of Micarta. Didn't realize that I coulda bought one like that !!! It has both pairs of holes & not open....

Darius

Reaction score
Yeah, 1 inch spacer that I mad on the Bridgeport mill, from a 1 inch chunk of Micarta. Didn't realize that I coulda bought one like that !!! It has both pairs of holes & not open....
Bill,

Thanks for introducing me to a new product, Micarta. I had never heard of it before your reference to it but a Google search provided details about an interesting material. Thank you.

bro. d

48Austin

Safty First! Then pull the trigger!
Reaction score
1964 Commercial, 1948 Austin, 58 Pan
Now would you just have to happen a blower manifold for a Cad that you don't need? For donations?

Roy Heisenberg

The 472 Crank is stronger due to overlap
Reaction score
472 Caddy in a ‘75 Jeep J-20 TH-400 Dana-60 100LL
DD74817B-6B20-47C6-9F60-6AEC384FF3DB.png Do you guys like the tall BoogieMan intake with Nitrous injection port options?