Intakes , intakes and more intakes

caddycarlo

Reaction score
The 1475 intake reminds me of the old Parker funnelweb intake .. I would guess the idea for it came from Jon Kaase as he used the Australian design to make his intakes......

Has anyone flowed one on a head? The intersection angle at the port looks high

caddycarlo

Reaction score
I thought the bulldog intake was a good idea .. but my first generation one has too much taper ..too much plenum and too much runner cc ...

Has it been redesigned in the last 10 years?

caddycarlo

Reaction score
Dave

The air gap looks cool :D ...... I see you cut the center divider out .. how does it run?

I like the Fe intake deal ... looks like some welding but it is closer then a 460 intake

dave brode

Reaction score
carlo,

I don't know if the divider removal hurt or helped, I did not test A-B. It went 11.66 at 114 N/A'd solid cam combo. I sold the air gap intake.

The approach angle on the 1475 is supposed to match the potter/cadco heads.

I had an early BD. Huge. Everyone filled them with epoxy. Fwiw, I believe that an edel 2115 will outrun that or the current design on 99% of the cad engines out there. Terry P tested a 2nd design on his light model T with lots of converter [3800?] and enough gear to put it near peak in the traps. It picked up 1.5 mph, but nothing in e.t. Thread here.

Let me know if you are interested in the FE parts and BD base. I'd like to see it finished, but I doubt that I'll ever get to it. I'm busy with a car project for a stick shift only class that runs out of my home track.

Dave

dave brode

Reaction score
Current 2215 with full divider is VERY responsive with a 240 at .050" cam and 8.6-1 CR.

Being turbocharged, I figured that it would still get enough air.

Attachments

caddycarlo

Reaction score
Filling the divider makes it work like a duel plane should ..( not sure it's needed with a turbo)...... the goal with this type of intake is to increase the instantaneous draw on a carb to generate a better signal and make the car more responsive to the throttle .... without the divider it's just a bad single plane design ....

I will think on the Fe intake

I am sure the 1474 would work on the Potter head but that's a whole different port then oe

I would like to get into sheet metal intake building when I get the shop up and running... Jimmy at pro motors makes it look easy

The Mad Cadder

Reaction score
caddycarlo said:
The 1475 intake
The intersection angle at the port looks high
Somewhere I have pics looking thru the carb flange
It is pretty much a straight shot at the whole port ..

caddycarlo

Reaction score
Guess not .... I do have one of my crazy ideas I think I will try to see if it helps ...

I did find notes on flash's dyno mule edelbrock intake ..the top was cut off ...divider cut out ...plenum welded and opened up and a dominator flange welded on ...

The Mad Cadder

Reaction score
caddycarlo said:
Question

Which intake was that ??? The one I know of was Extrude honed ..

Has anyone gotten a bulldog or MTS remake to work on a driver sort of engine?
The MTS one has much smaller plenum ...Of course they have.. why wouldn't it work ?? Just ca use you don't get instant replies dosent mean no one here in thus tiny community hasnt

I guarandamntee mine is gonna with a so called big cam

I cannot speak for the bulldog... No Sam has one... Both his carbs are junk but it still idles 800 rpm..

My 1475 intake 1250 dominator equipped will idle 400 rpm with 274@.05 108 LSA and .740 lift. Let's just say the throttle has awesome response

Subject: High Comp 120cc Build

samIam said:
Got the car running with the old Holley 870 SA. An adapter to get the carb to fit. Runs good, idles good about 800rpm, loves to rev, can't close the hood.

Still have to figure out the brakes, the dominator carb and how to cut the hood.
samIam said:
And the frame filter is only on for priming. Got a wix for break in.