Intake port flange drawings

2JvLo

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
66 Cdv 500
Goodday, Does anyone happened to have a drawing for the intake port flange? I'd like to do some porting soon.. :thumbup:

5one9

Reaction score
2007 Magnum SRT8, 1957 F100
Not sure what you’re asking. The beneficial porting goes on in the port throat and bowl. Raising the port entrance roof is ok, but by itself doesn’t do much.

2JvLo

Reaction score
66 Cdv 500
Bowl work is done, Heads are milled 2mm so i need ro raise the intake roof anyway... i'd like to have a drawing to make a template for some port matching

PSYKO_Inc

Reaction score
66 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Duplex
Take an intake gasket (the "turkey pan") and some spray on gasket sealer or machinist's blue dye and spray it against a piece of cardboard. Or better yet, just bolt the gasket to the head and spray with the blue dye. Once you remove the gasket, it will leave a perfectly marked area to port out.

5one9

Reaction score
My roofs are raised 0.180”. Others go much further. The stock ‘pan’ gasket will have to go when you raise the roof. Don’t touch the floor. I believe my ported intake ports measure 2.35” x 1.35”. I don’t touch the port mouth on the ‘pushrod pinch’ side. I open the pushrod pinch itself from 1.100” to 1.200”. To the left about an inch in is the pushrod pinch. See picture.
FAFB6D1F-6762-413A-B11F-35A7FD1DD88E.jpeg

2JvLo

Reaction score
66 Cdv 500
Take an intake gasket (the "turkey pan") and some spray on gasket sealer or machinist's blue dye and spray it against a piece of cardboard. Or better yet, just bolt the gasket to the head and spray with the blue dye. Once you remove the gasket, it will leave a perfectly marked area to port out.

I was thinking exactly the same! Unfortunately i dont have a gasket at hand, So that's why i wanted to have a drawing.. I could have let my brother 3D print a template.

5one9, Nice porting! i'd like to do the same, But need to find a way to put them in the right location and not get the front one slightly higher of lower than the rear. It would be a shame to order just a set of gasket and have them shipped alone with the high shipping costs to the netherlands..

5one9

Reaction score
I was thinking exactly the same! Unfortunately i dont have a gasket at hand, So that's why i wanted to have a drawing.. I could have let my brother 3D print a template.

5one9, Nice porting! i'd like to do the same, But need to find a way to put them in the right location and not get the front one slightly higher of lower than the rear. It would be a shame to order just a set of gasket and have them shipped alone with the high shipping costs to the netherlands..

I make my own intake gaskets that match my ports out of 0.062” gasket material. I only use Permatex Ultra Black to replace the rubber end seals.