How do I use this new forum?

Darius

Reaction score
Ted, And All,

Sorry, but I am totally confused about this new look, which seems to be more than just a "Look." I don't know why the change (may not be my business, but knowledge is good) how to do anything with the new format, or where anything is. Is anyone else having similar questions? Posting in this thread because I don't know how or where to start a new thread.

Darius

Fleetwood Fanatic

Cadillac Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Darius.

There's a little help to be found here:
https://cadillacpower.com/help/

But basically, and I don't know why they keep changing the terminology, to start a new post/topic - you click the "Post New Thread" button at the top right. This button will appear in any area where you can start a new topic. You type out your message title, post your message and then click the "Create Thread" button. And that's that...

To reply, well, you do pretty much what you did here (but I moved your reply to it's own topic). Like you did, you just type out your message and click the "Post Reply" button. There are a few other features you can use IF you like. For example, you can reply to a SPECIFIC message by clicking the "Reply" text link at the bottom right of any message. If you click "+ Quote" that allows you to select multiple posts to reply to - but that's probably not necessary for most conversations...

What other parts are you finding more challenging compared to the old version we had running before?

Fleetwood Fanatic

Cadillac Fanatic
Reaction score
I logged in today as was like WHAT? Doesnt take much for me but im still confused.
It's all basically the same idea. You click the title of a forum to get into that forum area. You click the title of a message to view the discussion. You start new topics using the "Post New Thread" button and reply by either typing in the "reply" box at the bottom of a discussion or clicking the "Reply" link at the right side of any post to reply to THAT post specifically. You'll get the hang of it...

Fleetwood Fanatic

Cadillac Fanatic
Reaction score
Is there an image gallery on this forum? I'm not seeing it.
There's no gallery option yet but I can add it if people will use it. There's a purchase cost and maintenance cost so I want to make sure people will actually use it before I move forward on getting it setup...