Home made rocker systems

bugzaper

Reaction score
Does anyone have a home-made receipt for a rocker arm system they would like to share?

PROSTOCKTOM

Reaction score
There are several threads on here from different individuals on how they did it.

The topic has been covered many times in the last 6 years I've been on here.

Tom

cadillackeeper

Reaction score
Why?Are the stockers giving you trouble? Back in the beginning 80's-90's that is what people did.
2013 you buy and use whats been proven, the cpp setup.... one of the iterations 1,2 or 3 from Flash
or of course one of the MTS setups.In my opinion unless you are racing or like me drive everywhere everyday for years and years what reason besides the $$$$ would make one try to make a valvetrain?

Sorry but, MAN!!!!

bugzaper

Reaction score
PROSTOCKTOM said:
There are several threads on here from different individuals on how they did it.

Tom

And, what hasn't been covered many, many times...

bugzaper

Reaction score
cadillackeeper said:
Why?Are the stockers giving you trouble? Back in the beginning 80's-90's that is what people did.
2013 you buy and use whats been proven, the cpp setup.... one of the iterations 1,2 or 3 from Flash
or of course one of the MTS setups.In my opinion unless you are racing or like me drive everywhere everyday for years and years what reason besides the $$$$ would make one try to make a valvetrain?

Sorry but, MAN!!!!

So if I reading you right, then why would anyone modify a drive train.

Nick Campagna

Reaction score
DaveM had a nice system a few years ago. He posted the prints on this board. I used Buick rockers IIRC. I always felt that it could be the hot lash. It used a SOLID shaft rocker system to minimize the tendency to break hollow shafts at bolt holes. Maybe he could repost the prints.

The Mad Cadder

Reaction score
Darius said:
Yes, CALL MTS!![/
Ditto. There was a time when I could only dream of making a phone call to do so

Besides that way you'll have properly enginereed rockers that work and shouldnt
end up tossing a lifter

PROSTOCKTOM

Reaction score
bugzaper said:
PROSTOCKTOM said:

Tom

And, what hasn't been covered many, many times...
Well the need for an ALUMINUM WATER PUMP lol lol lol lol lol

Tom

PROSTOCKTOM

Reaction score
Everytime someone starts a homemade rockershaft/arm thread my blood starts boiling. :yikes:

Everyone thinks they can build a cheap set of shafts, but that's far from the truth and you just can't make them believe you. :banghead:

So rather than type wasted words I'll just tell you to buy the MTS setup and spend your efforts in a place where there isn't already a

perfect solution to the problem available. :cloud9:

Tom

Reaction score
I have a couple of the MTS rocker sets, adjustable and nonadlustable. I am lucky enough to also have the machine tools that could make them( except for bearings). I really think that the best I could hope for would be to copy them. There is nothing that I have found that could be improved without sacrificing something else. They may seem expensive but there is no way I could make them to that quality for that price.

Nick Campagna

Reaction score
MTS Marty AKA Nashillac said:
"It used a SOLID shaft rocker system "

All MTS rocker systems use solid shafts

Maybe I should have been more specific -- NO HOLES for mounting or any other purpose. It captured the shafts in contoured clamps.

The Mad Cadder

Reaction score
PROSTOCKTOM said:
Everytime someone starts a homemade rockershaft/arm thread my blood starts boiling. :yikes:

Everyone thinks they can build a cheap set of shafts, but that's far from the truth and you just can't make them believe you. :banghead:

So rather than type wasted words I'll just tell you to buy the MTS setup and spend your efforts in a place where there isn't already a

perfect solution to the problem available. :cloud9:

Tom
Very well said :beer2:

Darius

Reaction score
bugzaper said:
cadillackeeper said:

Sorry but, MAN!!!!

So if I reading you right, then why would anyone modify a drive train.

Zapper,

No need to get defensive. Everyone is just trying to help by responding to your inquiry. Sure, just about everyone here is, or has, modified a drivetrain one way or the other. But drivetrains aren't valve trains. Remember, you don't peel an orange the way you do an apple. Some things you are willing to modify will give you great rewards for the effort. Building your own valve train just isn't one of them.

Best,

d

bugzaper

Reaction score
bugzaper said:
Does anyone have a home-made receipt for a rocker arm system they would like to share?

What is all the fuss about.. :scratchchin: ? I "KNOW" Marty sells a fine piece and will probably end up purchasing one from him, I was just wondering what others had and thought maybe they'd like to share.