Helped with efi today

mario

Reaction score
Hey cc:
Is it connected to the distributer?
I installed a holley on my 500 and hooked it to a small body (1989) Chevy dizzy. It went on very easy and runs like a dream.
ciao,
mario

caddycarlo

Reaction score
This one does not do timing control..so the spark is distributor and msd controlled ....

The unit has temp sender ...tac wire ..power and wide band o2 sender to hook up ...everything else is built in to the body ....

It was very easy to install ... the hard part was that we wanted to do a in tank pump ...

It is a very simple system ... good street rod driver system

73eldoconvert

Reaction score
I can't tell which one that is? FiTech? Holley Sniper? They all look darn near the same. You said no timing so its the base FiTech? I think the Sniper has timing on the base model.

I got my FiTech running pretty good including timing control before car went in for winter storage. FiTech has some good features but so does the Holey and FiTech grew to fast and at least for a while had really poor customer service. I had a few minor issues and didn't get any help. I had done a lot of screwing around with other EFI so I had an advantage over most so I can't imagine how it would have been for someone with no experience. Hopefully they caught up because they seemed to have a decent product and forced Holley to play catch up and get the Sniper on the market.

caddycarlo

Reaction score
It's fitech ..... was easy but website sucks and instructions only help if you know how it goes to start with ...

73eldoconvert

Reaction score
Ya there seems to be huge demand for these new fairly low cost systems and even Holley seems to be having some trouble keeping them in stock and keeping up with tech support. One really annoying thing about FiTech is they don't even have their own support forum. Its coming up on 2 years for them now and still no real support website. Who comes up with a fairly complex tech product these days and doesn't have a support site? At first everyone thought they were just too successful too quick but that excuse only works for a couple months, not years.

Mine took me about half a day to install and basically started up and drove. I had some bugs that were not related to the system that too some time to work out but the car did drive alright the whole time, it just drives a lot better now. I didn't do timing control at first but have it working now. I didn't have time to really play with it last fall but plan to try and get things tuned so I can run my low compression motor on regular gas.