Help! I need a safe space! This makes me uncomfortable!

Fleetwood Fanatic

Cadillac Fanatic
Reaction score
I mentioned starting a V-Series area at one point a few months ago and if I remember correctly, a few people thought it was a bad idea. Well, if this section makes you uncomfortable and you need a safe space, just say the word and I'll make this area disappear for you. Everyone else will still see it.

safe-space.jpg

The Mad Cadder

Reaction score
Last edited:

The Mad Cadder

Reaction score
That crap is not Cadillac !!.. only stole the name..
Even the emblem is flat out UGLY.. they already have the piginfuckter (ligenfelter) forum and others for
that garbage

The Mad Cadder

Reaction score
To this day Iam arguing with dummies who see my car and tell me there is no way it's a Cadillac motor ..
Especially when they hear it run...

This is what we're left with thanks to garbage motors

Fleetwood Fanatic

Cadillac Fanatic
Reaction score
No offense Fleetwood..

MAKE IT GO AWAY OR I WILL..

Maybe if gm didn't do everything they could to prevent any aftermarket for real Cadillacs or if they
were to start bring back real Cadillac motors like
you can still buy chebby blocks from them I wouldnt
feel the same.. but they won't

See how I really feel here.. hehe
https://cadillacpower.com/threads/what-the-hell-is-vts-some-venereal-disease.18360/

No offense taken. But what do you mean about the aftermarket? I don't exactly have my ear to the ground lately but I see a lot of modifying going on in the V-Sport and V-Series community. I agree they should have their own motors and not simply use what a Chevy uses. But these days there are bean counters who have a lot of say in what these automobile manufacturers do.

If you'd like, I'll hide this forum away from you. But it's not going away altogether. No offense at all, seriously, but the great thing about running a community without a single advertisement is having not a care in the world whether everybody runs away to another site or starts their own. Just. Don't. Care. But I'll continue to maintain this community for anyone and everyone who wants to use it.

When all is said and done, I kind of appreciate your negative stance on Cadillac. I know where you're coming from and while I disagree with most of it, I agree with some. But you have to do what's best for you. If you want to leave because a section exists here about newer Cadillacs, I find that too difficult to understand, and just cannot respond to it any other way than I am. Again, if you don't want to see it, I'll remove it from your view. But it's not going away.

That crap is not Cadillac !!.. only stole the name..
Even the emblem is flat out UGLY.. they already have the piginfuckter (ligenfelter) forum and others for
that garbage

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like the old logo and I like the new logo. It's very "2017" to me. The old one was getting a bit long in the tooth.

To this day Iam arguing with dummies who see my car and tell me there is no way it's a Cadillac motor ..
Especially when they hear it run...

This is what we're left with thanks to garbage motors

I bet. But they're stupid. What can ya do?

I like puppies.

d

Yeah, I kinda like puppies as well. There's something about 'em.

The Mad Cadder

Reaction score
garbage motors sued CMD several different times claiming that performance parts were not the image gm wanted to project for the 500 engine family...

Larry Kruzick and Larry Hale luckily managed to win each and every law suit
gm did their worst to put them out of business

Show me one gm produced or backed aftermarket part for the 5200 family ??

The utterly amazing thing is I met people who worked at Cadillac main and lifted parts like aluminum heads back in the 70's gm mad!!.. they weren't allowed to proceed because it would make chebby look like crap when the Cadillacs blew past their best

That's what I mean

Good luck with your chebby wannnabe forum

Last edited:

Monzallac 425

Reaction score
Doesn't belong here, only old school here. You will never get them to come here anyway, just a waste of time. Please hide it from me as my grandfather and father would roll in their graves from that crap. :mad:( both worked at Valley Cadillac in Rochester , NY ) Grandfather had a heart attack and died on the sales floor!:(

Doug in P.R.:cool:

8ad-f85

Reaction score
I think people are worried that the quality of the forum members might change from it's current... "Excellence", "Classy" and "Gentlemanly" ways to a more ...Yellowbullit type hostilility or ghettoed down place.
I'm here for the current environment, it's one of the least problematic forums I've seen (even in it's hey-day of activity).
Funny that the demographic kind of follows the branding.
From being in the marketing end of business it's remarkable how image follows tobacco, consumer level electronics, booze...it's crazy.

A forum in general thrives on a certain amount of new blood.
I know the new section can be hidden...
Maybe members are worried about the new infusion to the mainstay of Cadillac Power?

Fleetwood Fanatic

Cadillac Fanatic
Reaction score
I think people are worried that the quality of the forum members might change from it's current... "Excellence", "Classy" and "Gentlemanly" ways to a more ...Yellowbullit type hostilility or ghettoed down place.
I'm here for the current environment, it's one of the least problematic forums I've seen (even in it's hey-day of activity).
Funny that the demographic kind of follows the branding.
From being in the marketing end of business it's remarkable how image follows tobacco, consumer level electronics, booze...it's crazy.

A forum in general thrives on a certain amount of new blood.
I know the new section can be hidden...
Maybe members are worried about the new infusion to the mainstay of Cadillac Power?
I will certainly make sure this remains a place of quality over quantity. While I allow for freedom, I watch carefully that people aren't disrespectful as a norm. I'm not one of those forum nazis that ban people on a whim. I expect our members to have skin at least a little thick. But I won't tolerate a problematic person causing the community experience to become degraded.

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
I love the sounds of the old caddies. Just purrs. i also like the new caddies even the v specs. I understand why so many here are loyal to the 5200 block. For me i like the style ride looks ect of the new. I also like the idea of blocking it from those who dont want to see it. Ive been looking at the 2007 caddies. To me it would be nice to have a one stop forum instead of being part of two cadillac forums. I have great respect for all who have helped me along. With that said i still drive a ford ranger buick rendezvous and scion. Im looking to replace the buick for the caddy. I can pick one up for a few grand with around 70-80k.
Thanks for asking me what i would want. I like the idea.

Fleetwood Fanatic

Cadillac Fanatic
Reaction score
I love the sounds of the old caddies. Just purrs. i also like the new caddies even the v specs. I understand why so many here are loyal to the 5200 block. For me i like the style ride looks ect of the new. I also like the idea of blocking it from those who dont want to see it. Ive been looking at the 2007 caddies. To me it would be nice to have a one stop forum instead of being part of two cadillac forums. I have great respect for all who have helped me along. With that said i still drive a ford ranger buick rendezvous and scion. Im looking to replace the buick for the caddy. I can pick one up for a few grand with around 70-80k.
Thank you. Which 2007 Cadillac are you looking at?

Yes, this area will be here for those of us who want to use it, read it, share their opinion, etcetera. If it bothers somebody, I'll remove it from their view. It's as simple as that.

Darius

Reaction score

I'm with PJ on this one. Well said, Young man.

I hope to drive a Cadillac powered Studebaker (talk about being open minded).:rolleyes:

Do I want one of the newer Cadillac rides? No, something about them just doesn't click for me. Still and all, they do carry the same badging - and there is room enough for all. Those who wish not to see the current offering have the choice and can exercise that choice without limiting those who might. Seems strangely democratic - pardon the phrase. As for me, cubic inches rule - along with boost of course!

Best,

bro. d

Fleetwood Fanatic

Cadillac Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm with PJ on this one. Well said, Young man.

I hope to drive a Cadillac powered Studebaker (talk about being open minded).:rolleyes:

Do I want one of the newer Cadillac rides? No, something about them just doesn't click for me. Still and all, they do carry the same badging - and there is room enough for all. Those who wish not to see the current offering have the choice and can exercise that choice without limiting those who might. Seems strangely democratic - pardon the phrase. As for me, cubic inches rule - along with boost of course!

Best,

bro. d
There's no replacement for displacement because once you level the playing field with equal technology (turbo, supercharging, etc.) it's those cubic inches that'll matter.

8ad-f85

Reaction score
I looked at a CTS (? memory?) this year with a bad engine.
I'd hoped to put a very large cube 5200 block into it and have some fun.
When it came time to produce a lien card and go to the DMV with me, he drove away!
He did slip and say he just got a DUI, so I wanted to make sure I could even transfer it.
I did have a very pleasant drive through the Boundary Waters with my lady though.

kzhurley

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the place for this but the 5200 was not my first choice to swap into my 56 coupe... It was mostly a budget type thing..
I've owned a few Northstar cad and loved the overall power and drivability of the little 4.6l..
my original plan was going to be a supercharged Northstar and a 6l60e from a sts-v or xlr-v.. But they're pretty expensive. I kind of like the caddy in a caddy sort of thing.
So now I have a 500 that I'm slowly trying to get "modernized" with efi and actually using a Northstar dis setup

Fleetwood Fanatic

Cadillac Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the place for this but the 5200 was not my first choice to swap into my 56 coupe... It was mostly a budget type thing..
I've owned a few Northstar cad and loved the overall power and drivability of the little 4.6l..
my original plan was going to be a supercharged Northstar and a 6l60e from a sts-v or xlr-v.. But they're pretty expensive. I kind of like the caddy in a caddy sort of thing.
So now I have a 500 that I'm slowly trying to get "modernized" with efi and actually using a Northstar dis setup

That Northstar motor was pretty impressive. I wish they stuck with it's "Ultra" successor but that all went to crap when GM almost died. With everybody tripping over themselves to be the greenest brand these days, I think big motors are going to be a thing of the past. Enjoy 'em if ya got 'em.

Crayons don't really make me feel comfortable?

Well. That's what the hot chocolate and puppies are for then. :p