Heads for Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale/Wanted' started by Ted in Olympia, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Ted in Olympia

Ted in Olympia Well-Known Member

I have some heads in Olympia Washington for $200 for pair (includes shipping).
    I have two sets of 76cc heads without the rear heater hose 68-69 (one set is bare)
    One set of 76cc heads with rear heater hose (71-76)
    One set of 120cc heads (no air pump port) 74-76
    Four sets of 110cc 425 heads 77-79 (some non pump and some with).
    Shipping will be by FedEx, lower 48, payment by PayPal.
    Ted

NOTE: Not checked for cracks but if your machine shop finds they are I will refund $100.

Attached Files:

2. kamtile

kamtile Member

Hi Ted, I have a 5200 block and 094 crank. I was hoping to use 120 heads with the larger pontiac valves. Would your 120 heads be a good match? Thanks, Keith

3. Ted in Olympia

What pistons are you planning on using? If you did not buy them yet I would go with the 76cc heads with the forged pistons made for them.
    Ted

4. kamtile

kamtile Member

Big block chevy pistons .60 over net 4.310 with scat 7" rods. I plan to do a 30* eccentric grind on the crank, should make about 540 ci. I have ferria pontiac valves 2.11 and 1.77

5. Ted in Olympia

If you not already have 120cc heads these are the ones you need.

6. kamtile

kamtile Member

I dont,

7. kamtile

kamtile Member

I will take them

8. Ted in Olympia

Have to raise price to $225 for the next pair, sorry. Shipping is killing me.

The one set of 120cc heads are sold.

9. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

Howdy Ted,

Wondering if you have a set of Eldo Only front engine mount SUPPORT ARMS?

br0. d

10. Ted in Olympia

Sorry I don't right now.

11. gary kosier

gary kosier Active Member

Darius,
    I'm a little confused. Are you looking for the motor mount brackets for the 68-72 Eldo?

Gary Kosier

12. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

I'm Interested in finding the two support arms that come forward from the side mount pads on the block. They then join up with the horizontal front engine mount just below the crank pulley on the Eldos. Is the GMC coach mounted the same way?

d

Attached Files:

13. gary kosier

Yep, that's the 68-72 Eldo front mount. It's also used on the motorhome engine conversion by drilling two new holes in the crossmember a little
    forward of the originals. I had collected a bunch of them, but sold them to Applied GMC in Newark, Ca.
    Be forewarned, when you get one, the mount will be rotted out. It was a bad design made upside down so it could lay right under the front seal
    and catch any leakage and rot out the rubber. BUT, never fear, Steele Rubber in Denver, N.C. will re-vulcanize it. (for a price, of course)
    Anyway, that's all I know)

Gary Kosier

14. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary.

Your answer prompts another question: what engine mounts were used on the front drive Eldorados from 73-77? I ask because I have the original front mount which was attached to the engine that I pulled from the 1975-76 (can't remember which) and now sits in the Studebaker. It looks a hell of a lot like the 68-72 Eldo mount pictured. Was there a difference in design for the later mount arms?

The reason I was asking if a set is available isn't because I don't have a set, but because I may modify a set and don't want to use the ones I have. An Ebay seller has a set and is only asking a meager $499.99 with $39.99 shipping. I intend to pass.

bro. d

15. gary kosier

Darius, 67 to

The Toro, from 66 to 78 used a single front mount in the center and two side mounts at the rear. The Eldo from 67 to 72 copied the design. Then, in 73, they went to side mounts in the front and asingle
    rear mount. Probably because their mounts were made upside down and used very soft rubber that got rotten from oil leakage and allowed the motor to rock around.
    The used mounts are all bad and it's over $100 to have them revulcanized. Now, if you are going to use a front mount, One of the GMC guys designed and built a front bracket that used the Toro
    mount, which is a better design. It has metal on the top side and less rubber and never seems to go bad. I offered to give him a front mount set up that needed revulcanization, but he refused to
    pay the price and made his own. (He CAN afford it) I can send you a copy of his plan if you want to go that way.

Gary Kosier