hardcore Cadillac Headers

Eric Smith

Reaction score
Well,....after many nights of lost sleep, plenty of talks on the telephone with Torque Inc, and a massive reduction in the size of my wallet,............I gone and done it!,.....the pictures explain themselves. Here's my new headers, done in Stainless steel. The headers were built in my Monte Carlo by Kooks custom headers in Bayshore, Long Island. They start off with a set of custom stainless flanges which were designed, manufactured, and shipped at lightning fast speed by a gentleman we all know as John Walker (Torque Inc). I had been talking to John and mentioning that I was gonna have a set of headers custom made for me. we discussed many specs on what the overall design should be,  and  the question of flanges came up. I had already had 2 sets of mild steel flanges, and was going to give them to Kooks and let them coat them and work off them. Other wise, I would have had to eat a rather large fee for the layout and manufacture of a set thu them. Now, in typical Torque Inc. style, That didn't sit well with John. And after talkin for awhile, it kinda hit me that if you are gonna spend the dough on a set of stailess headers,  the flanges better be stainless or may as well not do it at all. So,  Back to the drawing board John goes,  and in 2 weeks flat I had in my hands, a gorgeous set of stainless steel flanges!!!.....Thank You John!!! So,  anyhow,  here's the final product.  2 inch primaries, 3.5 inch removable collector, and oxy sensor bungs on each.  Can't wait to hear that engine start up!
Passenger side
passengerside

A

Anonymous

You just killed any chances of getting into the CSOB club  :D

Seriously, those are NICE. I have seen a couple sets of Kooks up close and even though pricey is an understatement when describing them you definatly get what you pay for when you buy them.  :thumbup:

Kurt

cooke

Reaction score
Eric,
  those are extremely nice. Definitely "killer" stuff there. Remind me of the Hooker 2241's for a BBC in a G-body; the way that one tube goes over the steering shaft. I'm proud for you. Cooke.

cadillac512

Reaction score
Wow- that's a set of headers :yes: :thumbup: Almost makes me sorry I'm a cheap sob. :weeping:Good job Eric!
  Terry

montiac

Reaction score
Dam Eric those things are nice :thumbup:Wish you told me you were going, I could have met you there. :cursing:
  Kook does real nice work don't he!  Take care and good luck with the Monte.......

Eric Smith

Reaction score
Dave Brode,

The header and collector tubing is done in .049" wall 304 Stainless. I'm not sure of the alloy used in the Flanges?,...John W,...you can interject here???..........

Vern

Reaction score
Outstanding!  They make my headers look cobbled in comparison.  Are you going to Ceramic coat them?

LUXLX

Reaction score
:thumbup:....Kooks always do nice stuff. Stainless is hard on tooling... :cursing:

Later, LUXLX