Forum keeps timing out

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
Is this only my issue? Could be my phone. Anyone else having this problem. Ive had this happen in the middle of a post. Never posted.

Darius

Reaction score
Is this only my issue? Could be my phone. Anyone else having this problem. Ive had this happen in the middle of a post. Never posted.

Sounds like my answer in the other post - the one to you and 48 Austin, only is didn't refer to a phone. Some things work and others don't. Some things take so much time you just "time out" before getting the job done.

Now, to the specifics of THIS post: No, I've not had that happen but I don't use a phone to post, but one of two computers. It could indeed be something phone related.

d

Last edited:

kzhurley

Reaction score
Out of curiosity what are you using to post, a phone, tablet or computer?

d
I'm using an android phone.. When mine went to the timed out page it did almost instantly.. No lag or anything..
It's been fine today though.

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
I downloaded Samsung app. They put out to help with their products. I.T. says its due to my phone memory being over 80% full. Downloaded their cleaner app. Freed up space by transferring video and pic files to laptop. I have not had a problem yet. Battery last longer too. Im thinking my chache file was to big. Thus running alot in the back ground. At least this is what ive read on Samsung web site. Now the cleaner cleans it automatically.
Hope this helps someone.

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
Ive removed 6GB from my phone. And this is still happening. I screen shot it. So maybe yall can help me figure out why. Screenshot_20180124-173059.png

kzhurley

Reaction score
Same thing I've been getting also.. Got that message 4 times before I could view this section just now

Darius

Reaction score
The one common element that has previously been reported, and noted, is that those experiencing the problem as accessing the site with their cell phones and not with computers. That seems the logical place to look for a "cause" and hopeful solution. PJ, Yes, I understand that you cleaned a ton of space from you phone but it is still the phones that present the problem.

Only thing I can come up will.

d

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
The one common element that has previously been reported, and noted, is that those experiencing the problem as accessing the site with their cell phones and not with computers. That seems the logical place to look for a "cause" and hopeful solution. PJ, Yes, I understand that you cleaned a ton of space from you phone but it is still the phones that present the problem.

Only thing I can come up will.

d
What is strange I've used my phone for 95% of my posts since becoming a member. So :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: then i get this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180125-142653.png
    Screenshot_20180125-142653.png
    331.4 KB · Views: 4

Darius

Reaction score
What is strange I've used my phone for 95% of my posts since becoming a member. So :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: then i get this.

Again, I can't know if the problem is directly related to your phones or not. What I do know is that cell phone carriers are not always consistent in what they provide.

My family has been with the same cell provider for more than a dozen years, that being T-MOBILE. In the past I've been able to be a participant in "group text messages", as with issues discussing my sister's declining health. Recently, all of that changed and now, whenever there is a "group text message" it appears on my phone screen as though it were a picture which requires downloading. No text is seen, only the prompt. If I click to open the download it gives an error message and still no text comes through.

I thought something had gone wrong with my phone so I called T- MOBILE and spent over an hour with two of their techs. When they could not solve the problem they sent me to a local T-MOBILE store. They brushed me off within the first 60 seconds saying my phone was too old and outdated. They tried to immediately sell me something new. Now for the real story.

It is a wide spread problem with the T-Mobile system, not just my phone. https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/61843. You can get a broader view of the depth of the problem by searching Google, but that's not the point. The point is: in the past my phone accepted group messages. I have the same phone and the same service contract. Whatever your phone might have done in the past might have changed due to your mobile carrier.

Hope that makes sense.

bro. d - looking into Verizon options (Are you listening T-Mobile???)

Fleetwood Fanatic

Cadillac Fanatic
Reaction score
Please keep reporting this here if it continues to happen. If at all possible it would be great if somebody could try from a desktop at the same time its happening on a mobile device. That would help me figure out what's going on.

Thank you

8ad-f85

Reaction score
I had it happen a few days ago using a laptop.
Had never seen it before and I couldn't access the site for a full day or so.
I guess it would have been wednesday also.

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
Please keep reporting this here if it continues to happen. If at all possible it would be great if somebody could try from a desktop at the same time its happening on a mobile device. That would help me figure out what's going on.

Thank you
N.P. ill use the desk top or laptop at home and see if this helps. It could be something as simple as my dervice provider either phone or land line updating ect.. thank you for your willingness to help. You do a great job for us all. Thank You very much.

Fleetwood Fanatic

Cadillac Fanatic
Reaction score
N.P. ill use the desk top or laptop at home and see if this helps. It could be something as simple as my dervice provider either phone or land line updating ect.. thank you for your willingness to help. You do a great job for us all. Thank You very much.
Thank you. I really don't think this is an issue with any of YOUR devices. I have a feeling it's something happening in between you guys' connection and the server. Not your fault, and not the server's fault, but if I had to blame one more than the other, I would actually blame the server. I think there's some type of security feature that's working harder than it should be. I just need to pinpoint it.

Darius

Reaction score
Thank you. I really don't think this is an issue with any of YOUR devices. I have a feeling it's something happening in between you guys' connection and the server. Not your fault, and not the server's fault, but if I had to blame one more than the other, I would actually blame the server. I think there's some type of security feature that's working harder than it should be. I just need to pinpoint it.

Sounds like my wife's chastity belt.

Never mind.

d

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
Home computer problems. Cloud fare issues. My service provider said its on the Host side of things. Screenshot (8).png Screenshot (8).png Screenshot (8).png