Ever get too fat for your project?

Red98422

Reaction score
Well as much as I wish this was a joke...this isn’t and wasn’t. As a matter of fact it ended up with me nearly scrapping my entire Cadillac fiero powered dreams.

As a heads up this is going to be a lot of soapbox/hopeful motivation for some folks.
It started about when I stopped posting to this site. Long story longer a culmination and combination of factors led my project car to be put into service as the daily for my lady. After that, I ended up with a promotion to superintendent and added another three crew during peak season...to say I was stressed day to day was an understatement.

Without the car to work on and no stress relief I ended up gaining a good bit of weight (from a 38 to a 42) the car I chose I barely fit in anyways and thus began the spiral.

It was hard and truly depressing at times as I faced my own health and a increasingly hostile political atmosphere (won’t get into that too much here as it’s not the place). I almost gave up....and then I finally bit the bullet and committed to reasearching evven the most drastic of plans in order for me to fit the car.

Oddly enough I actually have to thank Julius for selling me that fuel cell what seems like so long ago....the #1 thing in the way of me being able to comfortably sit, operate and be safe from the roll cage was the gas tank the runs center in these vehicles.

Do not ever give up!

Anything is possible, and sometime you just need to come down to earth, where the work is hard to make your dreams happen

kzhurley

Reaction score
I can relate lol. Ive gone from only needing 3-ton jack stands to needing 6-ton stands and a higher lift jack.lol
Also have figured out that:

More weight=less motivation
Less motivation=more weight.

I have lucked out though... My cadillac project happens to be a 56 cadillac coupe... Id have a harder time fitting through the garage door before I'd run out of room in that thing...

I have found good motivation if I write a list of everything I can think,of that needs done. Then I make myself accomplish 1 a day or week or whatever. And stick to it. Thats the hard part. I'm not very old, but I don't see it getting any better lol.

So hang in there. Maybe a few burnouts, or in you case with a 500 in a fiero, wheelies.. Will do some good.

Red98422

Reaction score
Lol, thanks for the giggle. I am definitely back on track with my project now.

I’ve got a list of sorts, it’s odd because it’s similar to what you suggested, I just break it down into smaller chunks, ie “frame work” then start and finish that and try not to get distracted or overwhelmed.

Could be I’ve been focusing too much on on the small lists. I might give a full written list a try...never actually put the whole thing down at one time...that’ll be interesting

48Austin

Safty First! Then pull the trigger!
Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
1964 Commercial, 1948 Austin, 58 Pan
I can relate lol. Ive gone from only needing 3-ton jack stands to needing 6-ton stands and a higher lift jack.lol
Also have figured out that:

More weight=less motivation
Less motivation=more weight.

I have lucked out though... My cadillac project happens to be a 56 cadillac coupe... Id have a harder time fitting through the garage door before I'd run out of room in that thing...

I have found good motivation if I write a list of everything I can think,of that needs done. Then I make myself accomplish 1 a day or week or whatever. And stick to it. Thats the hard part. I'm not very old, but I don't see it getting any better lol.

So hang in there. Maybe a few burnouts, or in you case with a 500 in a fiero, wheelies.. Will do some good.
You forgot about age/

kzhurley

Reaction score
Be carefully with that "complete" list. In my case it's actually more like a book. Lol

I also NEVER keep track what I'm spending. I do have a kinda a budget of sorts, of what I'm willing to pay for each part, but it would make me sick to see how much I've actually put into any of it.. Lol

Red98422

Reaction score
Be carefully with that "complete" list. In my case it's actually more like a book. Lol

I also NEVER keep track what I'm spending. I do have a kinda a budget of sorts, of what I'm willing to pay for each part, but it would make me sick to see how much I've actually put into any of it.. Lol
Lmao I hear you loud and clear on that expenditure list....did that once when I was a much younger man. Won’t be doing that again lol.

I will probably make the novela just to pare it down to what comes first...ie cage before engine mount, oil mods before machine work, ect

5one9

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
2007 Magnum SRT8, 1957 F100
Back to the original topic for a second. I just turned 50. Since high school I have put on weight and taken off weight. Over the past two years my wife and I have eaten Keto food almost exclusively. I have gone from 6’1” and 270+lbs to a steady 210-215lbs. Three months ago my blood work was all good for the first time ever. And I mean ever. Blood pressure perfectly under control for the first time since I started taking medicine at 22 years old. Look it up. Keto. It is not your typical miserable diet.

In short I now get in and out of my cars without having to use the tilt wheel and moving the seat all over creation. And when I hit the track this summer I’ll be a little bit faster! Give it a try for yourself.

Red98422

Reaction score
Back to the original topic for a second. I just turned 50. Since high school I have put on weight and taken off weight. Over the past two years my wife and I have eaten Keto food almost exclusively. I have gone from 6’1” and 270+lbs to a steady 210-215lbs. Three months ago my blood work was all good for the first time ever. And I mean ever. Blood pressure perfectly under control for the first time since I started taking medicine at 22 years old. Look it up. Keto. It is not your typical miserable diet.

In short I now get in and out of my cars without having to use the tilt wheel and moving the seat all over creation. And when I hit the track this summer I’ll be a little bit faster! Give it a try for yourself.
Quite frankly those are fantastic results, and good on you for sticking with it! I think I remember hearing about the Keto thing from somewhere before. I’ll give it a look and see what it’s all about, thank you.

Darius

Reaction score

Hell, if you've gone from 270 to 210 - AND STAYED THERE, I won't bother looking it up even if its cat food! Just tell me what flavors it come in!!

bro. 'skinny to come' d

Meow