Electric fan temp sender?

airbrushguy

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
1976 eldorado
Somehow my login got confused with "airbrush guy" and I can no longer continue on that previous post, so here is my question...

Question....aside from the hole under the thermostat, where is a through-hole where I can put the fan temp sensor, that will be sitting in antifreeze?
Pics show front right of engine (0-1.jpeg) and left rear (0.jpeg)
Either of these?
Thanks

Attachments

• 0-1.jpeg
    0-1.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 0.jpeg
    0.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 5

richie49

Reaction score
The 0-1 pic is for the oil passage. The 0 pic is a blind hole for the overheat switch on the caddy dash light.The only good spot is under the A/C compressor or under the distribter where the vacumn switch is.
Richard richie49

airbrushguy

Reaction score
1976 eldorado
Thanks Richie, I used the one under the AC for my temp gauge....I'll check out the one under the distributor.

airbrushguy

Reaction score
1976 eldorado
Thanks Richie, I used the one under the AC for my temp gauge....I'll check out the one under the distributor.
Under distributor is vacuum, correct?

Conclusion: Outlet under AC (and in my case that is where my Temp gauge sender is) is the only usable one that has water in it...one is oil , one is blind hole and one is vacuum!??

Darius

Reaction score
Under distributor is vacuum, correct?

Conclusion: Outlet under AC (and in my case that is where my Temp gauge sender is) is the only usable one that has water in it...one is oil , one is blind hole and one is vacuum!??
No, not correct.

Vacuum
IS NOT available at the hole beneath the distributor. Engine block water is there, just as it is at the hole beneath the A/C compressor. While both holes connect with the block's water jacket, NO HOSES attach at these locations. Instead electrical SENDERS fit into these openings. One sender is for the temperature idiot light on the dash panel, while the other provides an electrical signal which trips what amounts to a relay - (IN That Sensor) allowing vacuum to pass through. see the picture with the MULTIPLE vacuum hoses going to that Engine Thermal Sensor}

This hopefully will eliminate the confusion that either you or I have.

Best,

bro. d

Attachments

• CADILLAC THERMAL VACUUM SWITCH LOCATION 4 jpg.jpg
    CADILLAC THERMAL VACUUM SWITCH LOCATION 4 jpg.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 7
  • CADILLAC THERMAL VACUUM SWITCH LOCATION 6jpg.jpg
    CADILLAC THERMAL VACUUM SWITCH LOCATION 6jpg.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 8
  • CADILLAC THERMAL VACUUM SWITCH LOCATION 1.jpg
    CADILLAC THERMAL VACUUM SWITCH LOCATION 1.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 8
  • CADILLAC THERMAL VACUUM SWITCH LOCATION 9  pg.jpg
    CADILLAC THERMAL VACUUM SWITCH LOCATION 9 pg.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 8

airbrushguy

Reaction score
1976 eldorado
Wow, thank you very much Darius. My distributer vacuum line is attached there, so I can pull out plug, insert fan temp sensor and look somewhere else to get vacuum for distributor advance bell.
Thank you!