Did the price of aftermarket rocker setups go up??

Psychoholic

Professional Idiot
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
72 Miller Meteor
Obviously this is the probably most important upgrade for any power built motor according to pretty much everybody. Only 2 places you can get them, one of them we generally agree you shouldn't buy them from.

The aforementioned place you should not buy them from has 9/16 steel shaft 1.72 ratio roller arms made by Harland Sharpe for $895.

CadCo has a few variants but the stamped steel flat tappet design shaft kit is $675 and don't really look like much: https://cadillacperformance.com/product/vt71310/

But then we go up to the adjustable roller tipped 1.73 ratio for almost $1300! https://cadillacperformance.com/product/vt71420/

I seem to recall that CadCo had a set that was almost identical to the place-that-ye-shall-not-name for roughly the same price but that is a HUGE difference in price between the generally like for like parts. Am I missing something?

I need to start on my new fabricated valve cover design and I want to make sure I can clean shaft mounts (and I want a set, obviously) but I feel like $1300 is a bit steep for those.

Chris (Psychoholic)

Psychoholic

Professional Idiot
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Reaction score
72 Miller Meteor
Just saw on the FB group that apparently CadCo is now going to be selling the Harland Sharp ones! I do think I'm going to be calling them later!

5one9

Reaction score
2007 Magnum SRT8, 1957 F100
Just saw on the FB group that apparently CadCo is now going to be selling the Harland Sharp ones! I do think I'm going to be calling them later!

Courtney told me that they are working with HS.
Randy from HS confirmed and was aware that CHP had tanked in the service department.
When I bought the HS adjustables from CHP a couple of years ago they shipped straight from HS when they were complete.
Mine were $895 with 20% off on one of those sales that CHP used to have a couple of times a year. I bought my intake, pistons, and two sets of rods that way. I wouldn’t trust getting the stuff from them now based on what I’ve heard.
One set of rods sits in the spare room waiting on another build.

Psychoholic

Professional Idiot
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Reaction score
72 Miller Meteor
I'm hoping that is about the price point for them through CadCo. I *really* don't want to spend more than that.

48Austin

Safety First! Then pull the trigger!
Reaction score
1964 Commercial, 1948 Austin, 58 Pan
There was a way to use small block Ford rockers somewhere on this site. D would know. He's the "GURU" of digging up shit here.

Psychoholic

Professional Idiot
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Reaction score
72 Miller Meteor
I called CadCo yesterday and talked to Sandra (who was incredibly helpful and friendly). She confirmed that they are in fact the HS ones and they had some in stock so I bought a set, the intake gaskets I wanted and a freaking dipstick (my friends are all giving me grief for finally ordering a dipstick tube - no no no, not the $700 in rocker arms, the $25 dipstick tube). I kind of forgot how great CadCo was to work with.

richie49

Reaction score
Psychoholic
I got the 1.7 rocker full shaft gold color and roller tips from chp.(before they went all to h__ on service) About 3-4 years ago and I got them for $430 .They fit under stock v-covers with double gaskets.They work great.They did require longer pushrods:rolleyes: .In the cadco link ,they don't sat what ratio they are?o_O Should be 1.7?
Richard richie49

Darius

Reaction score
There was a way to use small block Ford rockers somewhere on this site. D would know. He's the "GURU" of digging up shit here.
Not that it matters now but ...

Threads 1-6, and 15-19.

There are other posts as well, but this is a starter.

bro. d

James Sample

Reaction score
1970 Cadillac
The Cadco stage III rockers are essentially Ford rocker arms mounted on 4 high quality shafts. I have them in my engine and they look pretty solid. They're a fair upgrade over the stamped steel factory parts, but they're not rollers. I may upgrade to the roller tips later on when budget allows.