Dave Brode

yellowroket

Reaction score
Heys guys been a good while since I have posted here. Found out from a couple mutual friends of mine and Dave that Dave passed away yesterday morning. I don't know the details but wanted to pass the info along as Dave probably one way or another helped every member here. Dave was a wealth of knowledge, a hell of a mechanic and just an all around great guy!! Let's keep his friends and family in our prayers!

Robbie

Darius

Reaction score
Wow! That’s a sad shocker for sure.

Dave was a young man which makes his passing seem even more a tragedy. He freely coached and advised any and all, lending support along the way. As a beneficiary of his knowledge I am most grateful.

bro. d

Monzallac 425

Reaction score
Surely missed, helped me a lot when I first started on Cadillacs, God bless him and his family....passed this info on to the Facebook groups....

Doug in P.R.

Last edited:

CanadianC10

Reaction score
Dave was a huge part of the Cadillac and Hot Rodding community, he helped me out many times when building my engine and never hesitated when asked for help. He will be greatly missed. Condolences to the family.

cadillac512

Reaction score
Such bad news...Dave was a great,helpful, extremely intelligent man who freely doled out real information to all of us here. If info came from Dave it was gospel. We spent hours on the phone between KS and MD discussing theory, experiences and ideas. I'll miss him and treasure the time we were able to spend.

Justin

Reaction score
Sad to hear the news. I remember Dave from the forums 20 years ago. I learned a lot from him when I got started with Cadillac engines.

PROSTOCKTOM

Reaction score
Just out of the blue John Walker called me today after I hadn't talked to him in about 13-years. We talked about all the guys from the old days. I mentioned I hadn't been on the forum for a while and needed to get on here. The last thing I expected to see was the news that Dave had passed away. I hadn't talked to Dave in a few years. Last time I talked with him he was going on about his Opal build. I am going to miss talking to Dave.

Tom