Dammed Gasoline These Days !!!

bugzaper

Reaction score
Yendor said:
I hope that y'all find this as useful as I have . . .

http://pure-gas.org/

:D

"Yes" I have that booked marked, great source.
I found one today in my area that sells 93 octane and is not on the list.

Nick Campagna

Reaction score
Darius said:
Nick Campagna said:
Cadillac Kid 1 said:
NHick,
What does the Toluene do for water in the fuel?
Greg Surfas
I don't know for sure. I would suspect that it would act like alcohol, and bind up the water. It could be worth a trip to the hardware store for a small bottle of toluene.
If anyone wants, I can send the spreadsheet, just PM me your e-mail address. This board does not allow Excel file attachments.
Howdy Nick, and All,

Toluene is great as an octane builder but it is not hygroscopic and will no bind with water in the tank.

Best,

d
Thanks, Darius. I hope all is well with you.

bugzaper

Reaction score
Day "4" since pouring 91% rubbing alcohol into my gas tank with nary a hick-up! :scratchchin:

73eldoconvert

Reaction score
Do a search for your state and see what the 'oxygenate' (almost always ethanol these days) mandates are for your area. Its pretty interesting to see that some states have no requirement for labeling it at the pump at all. For a while my state had stickers that said something like 'may contain up to' which isn't real specific but I have not seen those on every pump like they were for a while. Its even more interesting that the rules are often not the same for gas and diesel. You would think if a state was pro ethanol would be pro bio and if one had to be labeled the other would be too but nope, I don't remember what state it was but there was one that requires bio diesel but not ethanol. Ethanol has to be labeled but bio diesel didn't.