Custom Pistons

gordon

Reaction score
Any of you guys have a single used KB cad piston out of a broken set that I can borrow or buy. I think it is a KB 382 any bore would work but prefer 4.350" It is the one for 76 cc head and has the squish/quench pad next to valve pockets. I can buy a new one for $100 but used is good(cheaper). I am going to use it for a model for some custom forged units for current combo. If you have blown up forged pistons from JE or Ross or ? who ever made them for our performance cad suppliers I would really welcome that . They don't have what I want(Cadco, Cad 500, etc.) so I need to go custom. An aftermarket piston will give me a starting point.
Thanks for any assistance

Psychoholic

Professional Idiot
Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
72 Miller Meteor
subscribing to this thread!

I'm in search of some low compression forged small pistons for small chamber heads so I'm super curious what you come up with.

gordon

Reaction score
I am working on getting what I want now will let you know hopefully by Monday the 15th. What engine, 472 What bore and stroke?

Psychoholic

Professional Idiot
Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
72 Miller Meteor
Currently a 472 in a '72. Motor has a total of 63k miles on it (32k of those were in funeral service) and when I rebuilt it last about 10 years ago the cylinder walls still were crosshatched so I don't even know I need to go up. If you happen to find a set of amazing 30 over pistons I'd have the block machined for that. Stock rod length is fine.