Cooling the T-bird

Darius

Reaction score
Ted,

I'd like to call you.  Can you send me you phone number in a PM?

Darius

cadiwumpas

Reaction score
  Google for "cookie sheets" and choose your flavor,steel,aluminum,or stainless. Found this one
close at 18 x 26...
http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Daddios-Gauge-Aluminum-Sheet/dp/B001IZZGLE/ref=pd_sim_k_2

Who will be the first to post a "I built a kitchen utensil radiator shroud" thread? Bonus points if you use
a fast food place serving tray in plastic...

Ted, I marked the last 2 weeks in Oct on my calender. I'll try and keep up with things going on in that
time frame. We'd love to see Marie and you when your down here.

mcdave71

Reaction score
Rubber mats can be used for sealing up and can take the heat. Either the thick horse mats that can be found at a farm supply or 18 wheeler mud flaps. Both are kinda cheap and heavy duty.

53 Studillac

Reaction score
Hey Ted,  In looking at pics...can the radiator be moved forward any?  Looks like maybe there is an inch or so there?  Would give you some
more fan room if it wouldnt be too much trouble... 

Dwayne 

smalltruckbigcid

Reaction score
Ted if you want cookie sheets (called sheet pans or half sheet pans in the restaurant trade) go to you local restaurant supply store. Or be CSOB and call and see if they have used ones for about 2 bucks each. I like to bake and got mine new and uncoated for $5.00 each from one here locally

kwikcad500

Reaction score
"I see now on stock Cadillacs that they have a lot of rubber flaps that completely seal the grill to the radiator.  I bet without this a stock Cadillac would also overheat."

Ted, I took this off of my car, it doesnt overheat at all  :twocents:

Ted in Olympia

Reaction score
Darius helped me find a fan that would work in the T-bird.  It fits the core almost right one and blows like crazy (or does it suck?).

It's from a 98-04 Dodge Intrepid and it's a dual fan with high/low.  I do not care about low so it's going to run on high.  I found out if I hood the two black wires to the ground and the Green and Yellow to the hot both fans work on high so it would be bad to wire.

It's 3.5 inches thick and this was very tight so I took 53 Studillac advice and beat the shit out of the core support and got almost an extra 1/2 inch of needed room.  I still have to move the mounts but I think I have this part of the problem fixed.

Now I need to move the mounts, somehow attached the fan to the radiator, seal around the radiator, wire it, seal all the extra holes to the fender area, put the bumper cover back on (without the bumper, it weighs 28 pounds with backbars), and mount the air dam, and I will be done with this project.

I also ordered the aluminum radiator from eBay and today I got an email that my money was refunded because they were selling something they don't have.  :cursing:  But at least I'm $200 richer and I know the stock radiator will work fine.

Thanks everyone for your help.

TED
DSC00113
DSC00114
DSC00115
DSC00116

Ted in Olympia

Reaction score
kwikcad500 said:
"I see now on stock Cadillacs that they have a lot of rubber flaps that completely seal the grill to the radiator.  I bet without this a stock Cadillac would also overheat."

Ted, I took this off of my car, it doesnt overheat at all  :twocents:

Show off.