CHP new turbo manifolds

Red98422

Reaction score
so I heard awhile back that they were going to come out with some....and now they have

I truly hope the picture shown for their single kit is not the actual product....there are quite a few flaws that even my novice eye can see.

As far as I can tell (with the single kit) the intention would be to nuke your engine. I really hope that I’m wrong, but I would like this to be a warning for any new guys or somebody chime in and tell me I’m crazy.

First problem IMO at a glance is wastegate placement. I know sometimes you have to compromise a bit but that is insane (even worse with the next bit of news)

Wastegate included is 37mm

Turbo IMO is wayyy too small as a single (GT45 knock off)

Attachments

El Diablo

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
1959 Cadillac Sedan deVille
Similar situation to their fabricated port efi intake manifold. It looks to be for an LS engine.

A quick fix to their advertisement would be for them to say something to the effect that the picture does not represent the actual product.

Red98422

Reaction score
That’s what I would expect them to have typed, unfortunately I was reading more into it and the parts list for both CHP and the ebay link are essentially the same...

I’m not one to say this lightly but it is undoubtedly intentionally designed to nuke an engine.

The turbo included in this kit is so far off the right of a map it has to be intentional, I foresee new folks buying this product and nuking their new engine.

The twins kit is even worse with it’s “super upgraded T3-4 turbo”....I will see if I can contact CHP for specs on these kits and maybe even if they have a reasoning for why so small...

PJ McCoy

Reaction score
I believe you will find out that the kits are for an LS. Its not in their interest to nuke an engine. I understand what your getting at. The website is vague and hard to navigate.
Let us know what you find out.Thanks for the warning. Many newbies will thank you too.
PJ
Ps thats why its best to call in an order rather than just pick a part and order.
That last part was a freebie for a newbie
Lol

Darius

Reaction score
The kits may be confirmed for the big block but the items shown in the picture are certainly not for any big block, Chevy or Cadillac. Check out the location of the exhaust ports shown in the pictures. Cadillacs or big Block Chevys do not have the center ports next to each other.

What I see is someone having taken the cheap, simple way of "showing" their product by "borrowing" pictures from the internet.

d

Darius

Reaction score
Red,

Sorry, but I am not impressed with their "line" of communication. You can do much better than that elsewhere.

d

Red98422

Reaction score
Bro D,
I hate to say negative things about a company without proof, this was my attempt to gain the correct knowledge and honestly I was hoping that my suspicions were incorrect and would be clarified....

That was not the case as you can see, and should hopefully deter or at least educate newer folks on this product