Caddy 500 bolted to a Chevy nv4500

BowHunter87

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
1981chevy
I’m wondering if it’s possible to pair a Cadillac 500 to a Chevy mv4500 transmission. If so what all is required to make the two mesh together and work if it’s possible thanks for any info

PSYKO_Inc

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
66 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Duplex
Biggest hurdle will be the pilot bushing as these engines were never offered with a manual transmission. You'll need to bore the end of the crank for that. You'll need an adapter plate to change the Chevy pattern bellhousing to the BOP pattern block, and CadCo has a flywheel for the 500 that uses the stock starter. I believe that the NV4500 has a built in hydraulic slave cylinder so that shouldn't be an issue, and the clutch set for the NV4500 should work, but you'd need to check the pressure plate bolt pattern against the flywheel to be sure.

kzhurley

Reaction score
When I did my 500/nv4500, I used a cadco flywheel. Made my own cad to chev adapter plate. I also did not drill my crank, I used a pilot bushing for an early turboglide chevy trans. I'd fit right in the end of the crank and has the right size hole for the nv4500 pilot. Then I machined approx 1/2 inch of the spline off the input shaft and about the same off the end so it wouldn't bottom out in the cranks. Worked great for years.
Found out also that the stock 11-7/8 clutch setup fit the cadco flywheel bolt pattern