Cad Company experience

83fleetwood507

Reaction score
I am not looking to start a bashing thread here, my questions are genuine. I personally have dealt With Marty at MTS, and am VERY impressed with the parts I've received from him. And even more impressed with the time he would take (even before buying parts) to answer questions and offer technical advice. He seems well respected on this forum, and to me it's for obvious reasons. I've even spoken with John Walker when he was Torque inc., and he was equally as helpful. I've never dealt with Potter, but they also seem to be well respected. I'm curious to know about Cad company... cad500parts.com. From searching previous posts, people do not seem very satisfied with this company. Again, I do not want to start a bashing thread. I've only been building my 500 for a little over a year, so I'm far from experienced. Maybe Cad company has improved? I feel like I'm "walking on eggshells". I don't want to be black-balled as a trouble maker. Please know that I'm only a beginner within our community, and am looking to learn from others' experiences. Thanks, Steve

Maddog

Reaction score
I think the previous threads on this board speak volumes about the serious Cadillac community thoughts on Cadco. We do have one cheerleader for them, but you said it perfectly when you said Marty at MTS is the man when it comes to service. Is there any part in particular that you are looking to buy?

Maddog

83fleetwood507

Reaction score
Maddog,
              The next step in my build is heads. I've spoken with Marty, & he feels as though he can port & set up valves for a set of iron heads that will EASILY put my build in the 400+hp & 500+ft/lbs range. In fact, quite a few (literally, not just 1 or 2) who are familiar with my build have said I will make closer to 450hp & 550 ft/lbs. My goal was 400hp & 500ft/lbs, So I am very pleased. Unfortunately, I'm currently laid off. This has drastically slowed my build. Marty has been beyond helpful to me. Even when I'm in the middle of something & have a stupid question, I'd wipe the grease off my hands & call Marty. I have always been a Cadillac 500 enthusiast. But, I didn't always know that there was a performance market for them. I damn near bought a GM Performance parts 454 for my car. But, then I talked to Marty. (talk about a close call). When I was shopping for pistons, I called CadCo. I don't know who I spoke with, and I've never called them again. The guy on the other line was not very knowledgeable. I was not impressed at all with the technical advice I received. The guy really had no answers, he just kept repeating his sales pitch. "KB pistons are better, buy them". I don't want to bash anyone, especially on this forum. But I guess CadCo has not improved.

cadillac512

Reaction score
  MTS is the class act of the Cadillac parts/service world. Your other option is not even in the running in my opinion and in my experience.  :twocents:

Terry

83fleetwood507

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. I appreciate the responses. I hoped for, although didn't expect anything different. Cad Company is a waste of time & money.

kwikcad500

Reaction score
I picked up cam bearings and freeze plugs last Thursday from MTS and Marty did everything possible to make sure i had them Saturday as i neeeded. MTS  :thumbup: :thumbup:

73eldoconvert

Reaction score
MTS dealings have always been very good.  Never bought anything from cadco because of the bad vibe I have got when communicating with them.  Now have no reason to deal with them, if its a reasonable quality part MTS can get it, if they cant get it I likely would not be happy with it anyway.

cargrnbike

Reaction score
I screwed up and did not do my homework Cad. Com are like shit they have my money for over 1 month and will not send the parts I have already paid for. That Chris guy is a punk and I'm so pissed I have called him a dozen times and he will not return my phone calls I'm so pissed he is the only guy who will answer the phone and you cannot get anyone else. I have not been this mad in years. does anyone know what is the owners name for cad com. and what is his address. do notttttttttttttttttttt b uy anthing from these jerks Charlie

PROSTOCKTOM

Reaction score
cargrnbike said:
I screwed up and did not do my homework Cad. Com are like shit they have my money for over 1 month and will not send the parts I have already paid for. That Chris guy is a punk and I'm so pissed I have called him a dozen times and he will not return my phone calls I'm so pissed he is the only guy who will answer the phone and you cannot get anyone else. I have not been this mad in years. does anyone know what is the owners name for cad com. and what is his address. do notttttttttttttttttttt b uy anthing from these jerks Charlie
Sorry you did not stop by here first.

Cad Company
8333 Jefferson NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Tel: (505) 823-9340
FAX: (505) 797-0627

You might try calling the New Mexico Attorney Generals office and file a complaint against them :devil: :devil: :devil:

Tom

Ted in Olympia

Reaction score
cargrnbike said:

Try to limit feedback to this section where it belongs. The other posts about CadCo I deleted.

Not that I'm a fan of CadCo; I just don't think we need a bunch of bad posts everywhere.

TED