Boogieman Heads/ Port flow

Big Cadoo!

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
Allegro
I oring groove with van norman 777. I use dial indicator and a wrench I made into a crank handle to turn the bar by hand Very Carefully.
.040 stainless wire. File fit butt joint at outside of engine block away from water jacket in case of compression leak.

Big Cadoo!

Reaction score
Allegro
Another thing about Cad500. Never overheated with a big thermoclutch fan. I use double pass radiators.

Big Cadoo!

Reaction score
Allegro
This is my first Cad engine. I have had good luck making HP on my BBC engines utilizing cyl unshrouding, piston porting of the big dome and actually cutting a deep trough in to the Combustion chamber next to the intake valve. Found it by accident about 30 years ago on the flow bench with a 990 casting BBC head that was full of clay. Walked away from a running flow bench and started BSing with another guy and the Superflow bench started heating up the air and pulling a lot of water and from across the shop I heard a big change in the noise. Ran in expecting to find an overheated motor but instead saw the clay had been reshaped by the heated air flow. There was a significant increase in flow rate with good port velocity etc. . From then on copied that change with repeatable results for years. I do not plan on completely developing all the potential of these Cad heads , just optimize some things is all. This is a total street effort not a race car. Yes I will run it at the track on occasion just for fun but it will see 10,000 miles a year road service once I retire back to FL and leave this Commie state of CA. It will be driven hard and long on cross country drives. It will have to endure hot temps also.
CadCompany Black. 4.440 max bore gaskets. Composet with stainless stell fire ring.

Attachments

• 20220129_161752.jpg
    20220129_161752.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 7

Big Cadoo!

Reaction score
Allegro
I bought a set of Bulldog heads many years ago. Got a deal on em because somebody plunge cut the valve seats so that the valves were in a counterbore slightly larger than the valve heads. The valves had to lift .100 thou to clear counterbore they were in. I bought 2.3 intakes and 1.9 exhaust stainless valves from Competition products. I recut the seats by hand with neway cutters. It takes time and skill to carefully get them the same height. Larry Kruzick slogan was Time,Patience,Money. Use the one you have most of. A couple of the valve guides i.d. were too big and were replaced. They've be installed and put through the paces since aproximently 2006. Fabbed a C460 intake for it. Heres one I made for some steel heads. Can see the manifold on the Bulldogs in Cadmaro picture.

Attachments

• 20210923_153705.jpg
    20210923_153705.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210923_153734.jpg
    20210923_153734.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 15