BLOW ME!

48Austin

Safety First! Then pull the trigger!
Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
1964 Commercial, 1948 Austin, 58 Pan
48 Austin,

Welcome to the world of "Senior Stupidity"!! Think of it as having an "SS" Cadillac!! o_O

It has been a week since my surgery and I can verify that recovery does take longer as we age. So far I feel worse than when entering the hospital. That's like your bank account before and after starting a high performance big block Cadillac project.

bro. "SS" d :D
I don't like "SS" chevys. There are other forums for them.:unsure:

48Austin

Reaction score
Just looked at BDS web sight today. Cad blower drive $1045. So with my $1600 used Hampton, and $500 new used Boogieman intake, I get a blower kit for $3200 :D !! Instead of BDS kit for $5600:):D! YAHOO!! Almost forgot. Got pully's, carb adapter, belt tensioner, belt, and Mopar snout with the blower. May only need to get crank hub and singe groove crank pully from BDS. Which would make things even better :D !!

Last edited:

Darius

Reaction score
Just looked at BDS web sight today. Cad blower drive $1045. So with my $1600 used Hampton, and $500 new used Boogieman intake, I get a blower kit for $3200 :D !! Instead of BDS kit for $5600:):D! YAHOO!! Almost forgot. Got pully's, carb adapter, belt tensioner, belt, and Mopar snout with the blower. May only need to get crank hub and singe groove crank pully from BDS. Which would make things even better :D !!
Is is a thing of beauty to see a man with a plan, a forced induction plan to be precise.

And may the title of this thread forever but a beacon of hope for those who indulge.

Best,

bro. d

gordon

Reaction score
What pulleys are you running, if 8mm are they HTD or GT. All of mine are standard HTD . I think I have 42T through 65T for tuning at the track. Once I get the fuel curve where I want , small changes in Density altitude are chased with timing on the mag. If a big change , such as a different track location at higher altitude I just calculate pulley change and leave fuel system alone. This is all with a MFI system not EFI. I hope to have a Cad motor done for next summer to replace the BBC I have been using for years. This is using methanol/nitro fuel mix not gas. I am looking forward to seeing your project run.

48Austin

Reaction score
I don't know what the ratios are . Not that far into my project yet. Still collecting parts. Haven't even torn down my engine yet. Was saving for "Boogieman" heads. Now looks like I have to use the cash to move. :( I will be using Predator carbs on E85. I hope. Seems to be a problem now with the guys that took over Predator :( .

48Austin

Reaction score
Forgot. I just crapped out 500 sheckles for PML finned aluminum valve covers:(:D. Pix tomorrow or Tuesday.

48Austin

Reaction score
Pic of rocker cover. View attachment 25701 Very heavy and seem to be well made. Plan to sand fins and script and clear. I know! A CRAP LOAD of cash, but what ya gunna do. After all it is a Cadillac. Yeah, they should have sent me a free tee just for paying that much!

48Austin

Reaction score
Was actually thinking of just buying the crank hub and mocking everything up to see if I need to reverse the blower pully or spacer it either way. Would save me a lot of semolians.
Life is grand when your trying to destroy a lot of metal :D ! By blowing it to:crap: ! Just remember. That's how they did it in the old days. Keep feeding it til it explodes. Then start all over.

Last edited:

Caddylackn

Reaction score
Pic of rocker cover. View attachment 25701 Very heavy and seem to be well made. Plan to sand fins and script and clear. I know! A CRAP LOAD of cash, but what ya gunna do. After all it is a Cadillac. Yeah, they should have sent me a free tee just for paying that much!

Those are nice.

The part of this that pisses me off, isn't the spending of the $500 for cool custom valve covers, is that whoever makes these custom valve covers have to pay GM like $100 to just use the Cadillac name on the covers. That old royalty is B.S. in my opinion because Cadillac is no longer making or selling valve covers or parts for their old cars. They are just going to sit and do nothing but sue anybody that uses the Cadillac name making parts that they should be making. The Cadillac trademark should only apply to the car. GM never sold raised fin cast aluminum valve covers so there is no competition.

Of course off brand Chinese knock offs can stamp a bazillion of these cheap chrome plated steel covers with the Cadillac name and hawk them all over Ebay the internet without paying GM a dime, but you want to make these in the USA, you gotta pay the GM mafia.

I wonder if they can cast valve covers that said "Cadillac" in large letters then ", Michigan" in really small letters afterward you could get away without paying the GM royalty. Cadillac, Michigan is a real town and AFAIK you can't trademark a town. Just grind off the Michigan letters.

5one9

Reaction score
2007 Magnum SRT8, 1957 F100
I can’t open the attachment

48Austin

Reaction score
Of course off brand Chinese knock offs can stamp a bazillion of these cheap chrome plated steel covers with the Cadillac name and hawk them all over Ebay the internet without paying GM a dime, but you want to make these in the USA, you gotta pay the GM mafia.
Thank you Biden and the rest of the hacks!!

48Austin

Reaction score
Just had to. Will these disappair ? Don't know. So I had to get them now. CadCo doesn't list them. And CHP I don't trust! And the new CHP I don't trust either. So here I am. Deal with the manufacturer. Good service tho! Still could have given me a free "T". Since how many guys are going to order "Cadillac" rocker covers?

48Austin

Reaction score
Now I have a new dilemma. I may be eliminating front mounted alt. And doing something like the JEGS kit diff mount. Where's my timing mark? BDS crank hub 1613783841723.png . I know the timing mark is on the pully. But if I don't have a pully. Now what? I also know if you set the timing chain. It is really set at #4 and not at #1.
I know it's because I'd rather be blown :D . Not injected. ;):p

48Austin

Reaction score
New dilemma sorta. CadCo said they don't make the blower intake adapter for the "Boogieman" tunnel ram any more? o_O ? They have the other adapters o_O. BDS says they don't sell that part? o_O? I wonder what that could be on top of the intake below the gasket 1614126022350.png ? Maybe a dinner plate:p? OR SATAN? So now off to Dyer. To make an adapter plate. He's only 3 or 4 miles from me. BUT! NOW I HAVE TO WAIT!:thumbdown::(:cry::crap::mad::mad::mad:!!! TILL HE'S F&^%$%^ING DONE:mad::mad::mad::crap::crap::crap:!!!! *%$^#%#@&! DO I SOUND LIKE "My Friend PETE" NOW?? [Youtube vids]

Last edited:

Darius

Reaction score
New dilemma sorta. CadCo said they don't make the blower intake adapter for the "Boogieman" tunnel ram any more? o_O ? They have the other adapters o_O. BDS says they don't sell that part? o_O? I wonder what that could be on top of the intake below the gasket View attachment 25738 ? Maybe a dinner plate:p? OR SATAN? So now off to Dyer. To make an adapter plate. He's only 3 or 4 miles from me. BUT! NOW I HAVE TO WAIT!:thumbdown::(:cry::crap::mad::mad::mad:!!! TILL HE'S F&^%$%^ING DONE:mad::mad::mad::crap::crap::crap:!!!! *%$^#%#@&! DO I SOUND LIKE "My Friend PETE" NOW?? [Youtube vids]

.. or, SATAN !! :devil:

bro. "somebody you wouldn't know - or have any interest in," Joe

Boltonius

Reaction score
1978 Cadillac DeVille; 1965 Bus with Cad 500
I wouldn't really do it because of reliability with 15,000 pounds of Carpenter school bus body behind that 500 Cadi V8.. but there's tons of room to hide a blower under the hood of my bus.. before I broke that old SM420 manual transmission case in half, just imagine the shocked looks on drivers' faces when Enterprise went to warp speed fast enough to leave modern cars in the dust from stoplight to stoplight :-D

48Austin

Reaction score
I wouldn't really do it because of reliability with 15,000 pounds of Carpenter school bus body behind that 500 Cadi V8.. but there's tons of room to hide a blower under the hood of my bus.. before I broke that old SM420 manual transmission case in half, just imagine the shocked looks on drivers' faces when Enterprise went to warp speed fast enough to leave modern cars in the dust from stoplight to stoplight :-D
HUH?

48Austin

Reaction score
.. or, SATAN !! :devil:

bro. "somebody you wouldn't know - or have any interest in," Joe
New dilemma. Called Dyer. Must have talked to the old man. Gave me a bunch of :crap: !! Too busy o_O?? Like supercharger kits are flying off the shelves:rolleyes:? "Other people make it." he said. Now just have to find the time to go to the engine shop that I've been dealing with for forty years.