Anyone home

MIHELA

Reaction score
Forum has been a bit slow lately. I know I don't get a lot of work done in my garage when it's this cold! :no:

Darius

Reaction score
MIHELA said:
Forum has been a bit slow lately. I know I don't get a lot of work done in my garage when it's this cold! :no:
You've got THAT right!

Too damned cold to be out there, even when two heaters are gobbling down the propane fuel.

My new parts have been in for several weeks now and nothing has gotten put on the engine. Of course, two hospitals stays haven't helped any, but even without those blips the cold is more than enough to discourage garage time.

Best to all, especially those in colder climates. You warm climate guys have it made!

d

73eldoconvert

Reaction score
I'm in survival mode. Cars only come in and heat on when I don't think there is any other option. Even if I can get the temp up the floor is still cold and the salt dripping. Even with that minimal work I think I am on my second 30 lb tank of propane and 10 gallons of kero. It won't take much more to cover the cost of insulating..... maybe next year.

MIHELA

Reaction score
I'm just glad I have some things I can do in my basement. I plan on working on my wiring harness soon. I might haul my transfer case down there too.

caddycarlo

Reaction score
I have been busy in the shop but not on caddy stuff .. working on a 76 Chevy pickup as a new shop truck then have a Chevy Nova race car that needs to go from th400 to powerglide then I will move the caddycarlo into the shop to work on

pila78

Reaction score
I'm really lucky in the heat situation. Our shop at the airport, about 48 X 56 ft hangar, heats real good & not too expensive. Insulation fixed that..10 inches in the walls (pole building) and 30 inches blown in stuff in the ceiling, which 12 feet from the floor. The insulation is the key in summer also, and the large area of concrete seems to keep the building cool. Some folks stop in during the summer, and ask if the AC is on, and I just say "yup" :D