Anybody need any custom fabricated parts?

Psychoholic

Professional Idiot
Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
72 Miller Meteor
My friend Joel slapped me right in the ego the other day when I was about to order a radiator overflow tank (aluminum) and he said 'are you building this car with your hands or your checkbook?'. So I decided I would build one by cutting it out on the plasma table and just welding it myself. Which then made me think 'well, I'm making myself parts, I bet other people would be interested in some 'weld it yourself' kits for certain parts too.

We have basically a machine shop for our own personal use that we run under my side hustle of my furniture fabrication business. Nothing terribly fancy mind you other than a few big ass manual lathes, a pretty decent mill (also manual), cnc plasma table, really good fixtured welding table, LOTS of welders (I think 5 or 6 at last inventory), cold saw, couple of bandsaws, metal brake, 20" capacity press brakes (static and finger), yada yada.

I don't want to buy a set of $450 aluminum valve covers so I'm going to make myself some with a 3/8" flange cut on the plasma and all the plates cut on the plasma then weld it myself. Thinking you guys might also want that kind of thing when I get the first set dialed in right I'll sell those as a kit. Same with the radiator overflow kits that will fit right where you want them since nobody but CadCo and CHP seems to cater to us. Going to cut my own trigger wheel exactly the size I want for my crank on the plasma. We're also going to build a distributor from scratch for the cam position sensor. Since my new plasma will cut thicker material we're going to make all the brackets to do a triangulated 4 link with a QuikPerformance 9" rear end.

We probably could make an intake but I don't think we're going to do much better than what is already out there (definitely making my own headers for my turbo setup and just buy the water jet cut flanges).

So the question I pose to you guys (again, this is a hobby side business so I'm not looking to do big runs of stuff) is 'are there any fabricated parts you need that nobody sells?'. I want to help out the community that has been so helpful to me so far in this build and this is something we can do to give back.

(shameless plug too: we're running a special on monogram names for christmas. They are about 22" tall and vary in width based on the letter and we're doing them for $75 plus tax and shipping out of 16 gage steel. You can see our stuff on our IG page https://www.instagram.com/famouselementsstudio/ )

Here is a video of the new plasma cutter in action:

Chris (Psychoholic)

2JvLo

Reaction score
66 Cdv 500
Looking forward to the valve cover kits. :thumbup: :thumbup:

48Austin

Safety First! Then pull the trigger!
Reaction score
1964 Commercial, 1948 Austin, 58 Pan
Somebody on jerkbay beat you to it on tank kits. Spun aluminum, puke tanks, oil bags, and gas tanks. You weldems.

Psychoholic

Professional Idiot
Reaction score
72 Miller Meteor
Probably enough need out there for more than one person. :)

I'm probably putting my coolant overflow in a place it was never intended so I have a clear shot from the cool side of my intercooler to the throttle body hat. The nice part is that I can make the parts fit exactly where I want them in a way that a generic kit wouldn't. I figure 'I can't be the only person who wants to do this'.

Imagine a kit like this one but just showing up as a bag of parts (where you get the bungs and fittings yourself off amazon) in the $50-75 range and made to the size you want: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ctr-80-211